Chapter 6

That morning Yeon Seo awoke with a major headache. She groaned and clutched her head while tossing and turning in the bed. Her hands tried to reach for her phone which like usual waited for her on the nightstand. Instead of her phone her hands touched a bottle of water. Finally opening her eyes, she took in her surroundings. That definitely wasn't her bedroom. Yeon Seo found herself in her boss's bedroom. Probably a guestroom. Swiftly she ran towards the bathroom and splashed her face with some water to get a hold of herself. Wincing at the memories from last night. She practically accused him of being a stalker, then couldn't find her keys... Lee Yeon was so patient with her and luckily didn't leave her alone. Instead he took her to his house but she had to be a very bad drunk and throw up over him while he was helping her climb the stairs. She desperately wanted to bang her head against the wall. With how everything unfolded, Yeon Seo was certain that she wouldn't need to resign, Lee Yeon would fire her instead.

     Careful with her footsteps, she tried to sneak out. It was only 5:30 am and Yeon Seo hoped he wouldn't be awake. It felt like she was trying to escape the lion's den without waking up the lion himself.

  "Going somewhere?"- She jumped and turned around to see Lee Yeon all dressed up with his arms crossed and a raised eyebrow, probably annoyed by her presence. She couldn't blame him.

  "Well, sir, I realized how much of a burden I was... I apologize for-"

  "Sit down and have some breakfast. Make sure to eat the soup."- Again he acted like nothing unusual occurred between them last night. He was all suited up like usually only with something that looked too much like a sword on his back. Why would her boss be carrying a sword?  "After I run some... errands...I will see you at the office."- What kind of errands would her boss be running with a sword? Yeon Seo was afraid to ask.

***

   There was a place connecting the underworld and the world of the living away from human contact where the guardian of the Underworld lived along with her husband. Seemingly a glamorous and spacious villa which instead was an office containing every information of the living and the dead. Taluipa, or as Lee Yeon liked to call her-granny, was in charge of leading the dead towards the afterlife. She could see and hear all about the living. Along with that knowledge, she had all control over the list of those about to die. Taluipa was also the one who led his Sun Hee to the afterlife. Due to interrupting her by freezing the river towards the underworld, Lee Yeon lost his status as a deity.

  "Early morning, yet you are disrupting my peace

  "Early morning, yet you are disrupting my peace... Why are you here for this time? Want me to foretell her fortune again? I thought I told you the last time... I can't see anything. "- The middle-aged looking woman, stopped typing on her computer and took off her glasses, facing him unfazed by his presence. Many feared looking into her eyes with that poker face, even her husband did.

 "I thought you might miss me, granny."- He replied sitting down on the couch and making himself feel comfortable.

 "Let's see, no hunting down for the day, no trouble you've caused... It's not my birthday... So tell me why should I tolerate you?"-The woman massaged her temples to relieve the tension in her head. Lee Yeon couldn't blame her, he was burdening her for centuries since she had been responsible for him and his penchant.