Chapter 5

Alexa's POV

After helping with his refreshment procedure which basically consisted of him brushing his teeth and rinsing his face we were off to the kitchen. I realised when we were making our way downstairs that Nick was limping and he had pain etched on his face when he thought that I wasn't looking.

When we got to the kitchen, all eyes were on us, since I was balancing Nick it was pretty easy to hear him taking a shaky breath.

"It's okay, don't worry they won't hurt you or force you to answer anything that you don't want to answer and I'll be with you every step of the way." I said trying to calm him down.

I felt him intertwining our fingers and giving me a light squeeze, which I returned.

"Good morning you two." Mom said with a gentle smile. "How are you feeling?" She asked directing the question to Nick.

"Good morning Ma'am, I'm feeling better, thank you for taking care of me yesterday." He politely responded to her with a small but present polite smile.

"Good, I made breakfast so feel free to come to the table and eat. While we're at it we will introduce ourselves." Mom said gesturing to the food.

I lightly pulled Nick towards the table. I sat down and gently pulled him to the chair next to mine.

"What would you like to eat?" I asked him.

"The waffles, bacon and sausages." He quietly whispered looking down at our intertwined fingers.

I gently disconnected our hands which caused him to look at me with a pleading look, which only caused a painful pull on my heart strings.

"I'll be right back, I'm just going to dish up for us." I gently told him, giving him a peck on the cheek. I quickly went to dish up on our seperate plates, took some utensils and then rushed back to the table.

"Which flavoured juice or water would you like to have?" I asked Nick placing our plates back on the table.

"Water will do." He said looking relieved that I was back.

"Okay." I said reaching out for the jug of water on the table and pouring it in the glass for him. The moment my butt touched the seat I felt a hand, Nick's hand intertwining with mine again causing me to smile at him.

He looked at me asking me silently for permission with his eyes to start eating. I nodded in response just as the rest of the family came back from dishing up.

"Mom would you mind helping with bandaging him up with clean bandages after breakfast?" I asked knowing that he probably wanted clean dressings after bathing.

"No problem Dear." She responded with a gentle smile.

"What is your name young man?" Dad asked.

"Nicholas, Sir." Nick responded.

"No need for the sir title, it makes me feel old, so do you mind telling us about what happened to you?. Dad gently asked with sympathy in his voice.

*****

Nicholas's POV

I could feel my heartbeat increasing a bit. I was expecting them to ask me about what happened, but I wasn't sure whether I was ready to go down memory lane just yet.

~You should tell them, after all they are our mate's family and they are the one's that found and helped you. They deserve the truth, I'm here for you buddy." Tyler confidently said.

'You're right Tyler, they do deserve the truth.' I responded to Tyler knowing that he was right.

"Well.." I started and told them the story, my whole life's story. I told them about the abuse that I got from my family as well as about my status as an Omega which they did not seem to care about. I told them about how I ran away and the fact that I practically no longer had a pack. By the end of my story I was devastated and tired, everything suddenly hit me with full force, the fact that I had no family anymore and to be quite frank I never really had one.

When I looked up I saw tears in Cora's eyes and she practically looked ready to jump out of seat to hug me but was probably hesitant to due to the fear of my reaction. I sent a her small smile and that was all she needed before she rushed over and gave me a hug. I patted her back with my free hand since the other one was still in my mate's hand.

"I know that it will take some time for you to get over all that has happened to you and it will take time for you to fully trust us but just know that you are accepted in this family." Olivia said with red puffy eyes making me release a small smile full of gratitude for this family.

"Yes and I accept you and will not leave. I especially won't leave you just because you're an omega, for goodness sake I'm only human myself making you even cooler than me." My mate said with a little pout at the end.

"And I wouldn't have you any other way." I said brushing my nose against hers making her chuckle a bit. "Thank you for everything that you have done for me so far everyone and thank you for the breakfast it was delicious." I continued.

"You're welcome." Everyone chorused in unison.

"I'm hoping that I don't sound rude when I ask to be dismissed from the table so that I can take a quick bath and then head off to bed. I still feel a bit tired from everything." I politely said standing up from my chair.

"It's not a problem dear. It is to be expected. I'll be up there in a sec to change your bandages, you can go ahead and clean up, Alexa will help you." She said offering me an amazing smile. "And Olivia will help me." She finished with a smirk as Olivia's smile dropped.

I hummed in response and also gave a small nod as my mate and I made our way upstairs.

"Would you like to take a shower or would you like to bath in the bathtub?" Alexa asked making her way to the joint bathroom.

"A shower." I said taking off the bandages and my pants leaving me in only my boxers. I heard the shower water running and then heard Alexa calling me to the bathroom.

"Okay so, if you need anything just give a shout out." She said covering up her face and making herself out of the door. I could tell from the way that my mate acted on seeing my almost fully naked form that she was a virgin then again so was I.

I gently but quickly washed my body and then leathered lotion onto my body. Just as I was about to slap myself for forgetting my clothes then again I had none here with me. I heard my mate call out from the other side of the door that she had brought some clothes and undies for me

I opened the door a little bit, took the clothes from her with a thank you an then quickly dressed up but I left the shirt off because I still needed to have my chest bandaged.

When I exited into the room I found Cora there but saw no sight of Alexa which I have to admit made me slightly nervous.

"Come here sweetheart, I don't bite." She said sounding amused by my hesitance.

I approached the neatly made bed and set on it. Cora began wrapping a new clean bandage around me.

"You know, Alexa has always wanted a mate, being in a werewolf family it was a normal thing for her." Cora began. "She's happy now that she has you, and I think that she might already love you but maybe does not know it yet. You do not have to worry about her leaving you and I feel like you are a kind soul who will not hurt her so please don't disappoint not only me, but her." She said as she finished wrapping me up.

"I won't ma'am, I don't ever want to hurt her." I said with complete honesty.

"Good." She said. "Now let's look at that leg of yours. Alexa and I noticed that you were limping earlier on." She said already inspecting my leg.