Chapter 8

"Well I'll go get us some soda." Lexi said making her way off my lap which made me whine a bit. "Awe don't worry I'll be back in a sec." She said before pecking my lips and moving towards the kitchen.

"I'm happy for Lexi, this is all she's ever wanted. Now the only thing that I want from you is to treat her well. Lexi is like a little sister to me so I won't hesitate to kill you if you hurt her it doesn't matter that I'm a human, I will hunt you down and hurt you if you hurt her. Got it?" Kayden asked with complete seriousness.

"Yeah, I wouldn't even dream of it. She is my everything to be honest." I said with complete seriousness and honesty.

"I hear you, well I'm going to take my leave now, it really was nice to meet you though and by the way for in case you were worried about me taking Lexi from you, you don't have to worry besides the fact that I don't see her in that way, she is head over heels in love with you already." Kayden said before he made his way to the kitchen to say his goodbyes. "See you later man." He said to me before he left.

Alexa came back and straddled my lap causing me to wrap my arms around her waist. "He wasn't that bad now was he?" Lexi said with a beaming smile as she gave me a kiss.

"No" kiss "he" kiss "wasn't" kiss "bad" kiss "at all" I said with a kiss between each word and then I ended it with a long passionate kiss at the end. We both pulled apart Lexi more breathless than me.

"I love you." I said resting my forehead on hers.

"I love you too." She said before she placed a single kiss onto my neck.

"Lexi, I would like to mark you, if you wouldn't mind, even though I'm an omega. I still feel the urge to mark what is mine." I said in utmost seriousness and hoping that it wouldn't offend her.

"Okay, you can mark me, but not necessarily today I'm a bit tired but besides that I give you my full permission to do so." She said as she gently got off of my lap. " You coming upstairs with me?" She asked. I nodded in response with a full blown smile to know that my mate was okay with baring my mark.

"Did you eat the lunch that I made you?" She asked as if she already knew that I hadn't, it's not that I didn't want to eat or anything, I just forgot.

"No I said." Looking down in shame.

"Okay then you first go and eat and I'll be upstairs doing my homework and maybe I'll study for a bit for an hour or so and then I'm all yours for the day, okay?" She asked already making her way upstairs.

"Okay, Baby, I'll be in the kitchen." I said as I heard the front door open and Olivia and Connor announcing their arrival, mostly Olivia though.

I made my way to the kitchen and there lay the two chicken sandwiches that my mate had made for me and to be honesty they weren't hard to finish because they were delicious.

I decided to go upstairs after that, thinking that I could help my mate with some of her homework and studying.

"Hey, you." She said diverting her eyes off of her book and towards me.

"Hey, Baby. I was hoping that I could somehow help you over here." I said as I placed myself on her bed.

"Awe that's really sweet of you and yes I would love your help with studying." She said sitting Indian style on her bed.

"Where should I start?" I asked and with that began the whole 3 hours of our study session. Lexi had to basically explain everything to me since I knew basically nothing that she was doing, turns out she's doing Business subjects while I did Physics and computer sciences. In the end we were both exhausted and luckily by the time that we had finished it was dinner time and Cora had made lasagna.

"How was school today Honey?" Cora asked Lexi with a smile as she cut into her Lasagna.

"It was okay, the usual nothing big just work and revision." Lexi answered with a smile and a shrug.

"By the way, how far are you with school Nick? Do you still to go school?" She asked.

"No ma'am I have my full honours in Computer Programming." I said with a polite smile. "The only thing that I need now is a job." I said feeling a bit ashamed at confessing this to the family.

"That's great Nick and we will gladly help you find a job when you're ready to, you could even start your own business if you want to." Cora said offering me full support.

"I'll think about it, but I'm not much of a leader is the problem." I confessed.

"I think that you'd be a great leader. Everyone would follow you out of love, not fear and that's way better than leading with an iron fist." Lexi said as she intertwined our fingers giving my hand a little squeeze of encouragement to which I responded to by gently squeezing her hand right back.

We continued eating with mild conversation and sometimes comfortable silence. To think that I've never had this until I met this family.

After dinner the family split up and everyone went their separate ways to do whatever that they wanted to do and Lexi and I went upstairs to my room.

"You know, I must remember to buy you a phone. I completely forgot that you don't have one." Lexi yawned as her eyes fluttered close.

"Goodnight, my love." I whispered before giving her a kiss on the forehead which made her sigh and that made me smile, and with that I closed my eyes and followed suite.

Unlike the peaceful sleep that I have gotten for the past 2 days, today was not them. I woke up sweating after experiencing a nightmare or more like a flashback. All the pain came back and crushed onto me like a wave.

I couldn't sleep for the next 3 hours. Due to my lack of sleep I didn't even hear Alexa leaving that morning.

For the next week the nightmares kept on coming. I was trapped and the worst part is that I was trapped in my own mind full of despair. Every good thing comes to an end after all.

I tried to hide it from Alexa, not wanting to put more unnecessary weight onto her shoulders but turns out she is more vigilant than I thought.

"What's bothering you?" She asked with a stern look as if daring me to lie. "I've noticed that you don't sleep much at night, but I was waiting for you to tell me what's been bothering you and since you seem completely opposed to that idea I have no choice but to get it out of you." She said looking hurt.

"I'm sorry, Baby I just didn't want to add more problems onto your plate. I've been having nightmares or more like flashbacks lately and I just didn't think that it was more important than everything that you've been doing. I just didn't want to stress you out." I said feeling ashamed. "I didn't want to bother you, I'm already an insecure person, I am too weak and for once I wanted to be strong and more manly I guess, to be honest I don't even feel that I deserve you." I continued, everything just spilling out of me in waves, all the worry and insecurities and this was probably encouraged because of how sleep deprived I was.

I couldn't help it and I couldn't even look Alexa in the eyes right now, because I honestly feared what I would see there. What if she realises how weak I am and decides that she can do better which I'm sure she can. If Lexi was to give up on me I would understand, I am weak and now she probably realises this too.