Chapter 6

When I woke up it was around 14:00 in the afternoon but I wasn't quite sure because I had no watch or phone with me right now. I also realised that I was alone in the room.

Just as I began sitting up, the door to the room opened and there stood Alexa. She looked adorable in the sundress she had on.

"It's good to see that you woke up yourself, seeing as my intentions for coming here were to wake you up." She said. "What would you like to eat for lunch?" She asked me as I got out of the bed.

"Anything is fine." I said walking towards her.

"Would you like some pizza then?" She asked with her head slightly cocked to the side.

"That would be great, I love pizza." I responded with a smile.

"You coming to the kitchen with me?" She asked.

I nodded in response. "I think that I've had enough sleep for today so what about we do anything that you would like to do?" I suggested.

"Sure, so after lunch we should watch a movie then." She said sounding happy about the plan.

I ate the pizza slices, but when I offered some to Alexa she declined saying that she was full and then we moved to the TV room to watch a movie. About 5 minutes later as we were still flipping through the channels, Olivia came into the room and told us that the family had decided on a game afternoon.

I was a bit uncomfortable because I felt as though I was intruding in on family time, but with enough encouragement from the family, I was in. They played a game called 30 seconds and goodness was I bad since I barely watched TV. I knew few TV shows, actors and movies and so I lead my team to a screeching defeat.

"Well that was an interesting game, you really have to watch more movies and stuff Nicholas." Mrs Clarkson said still surprised that she knew more movies and TV series than me, who was younger.

"Definitely." Everyone agreed.

"What would you all like for dinner, I'm definitely not in the mood to cook so let's order out." Mrs Clarkson suggested.

"Mexican." Olivia, Connor and Lexi.

"Okay then." Mrs Clarkson said with a shrug. "Will Mexican work for you to Nick?" She asked trying to accommodate everyone.

"Yes Ma'am." I politely responded.

"You know I still stick to saying that you should call me Mom or Cora at least." Mrs Clarkson or Cora grumbled going to order some food.

"I'll try to remember to next time." I responded amused by this lady's behaviour.

"Well anyway I'm going to go upstairs to change into my PJs, I have school tomorrow so I'll be having an early night." Lexi said as she stood up and stretched her body with a yawn.

"You do know that it's just 18:20 right?" Olivia asked while looking at her watch.

"Yep I know, which is why I'm going to eat and then give Kayden a call to ask whether he's picking me up tomorrow, and then I'm going to watch a movie with Nick first before heading off to bed." I said going through my list of things to do.

"Okay, greet Kayden for me." Olivia said making me wonder and feel slightly jealous about this Kayden guy.

*****

Alexa's POV

After talking to the family and making sure that Nick was still comfortable I made way upstairs to my room and changed into my PJs and then I braided my hair into 2 side braids before calling Kayden.

"Hey Babe, you finally remembered me, it's been 2 whole days." Kayden whined.

"You really are a drama king sometimes."I said amused at my best friend's behaviour and feeling a bit bad at the same time for not talking to him in over 48 hours and telling him about everything that had happened.

Kayden Kross is 18 years old and he is my best friend of 8 years. Some people think that the is something going on between Kayden and I but there is absolutely nothing there, in fact I'm like a little sister to him. Kayden is a human and I know for a fact that he really likes a girl named Harper. "Anyway I have something to tell you, oh and Olivia says hi." I continued.

"Okay and hey to Olivia, now what's going on?" He asked sounding curious already.

"Well turns out that my soulmate is a werewolf." I said waiting for the information to sink into Kayden. Kayden knows about werewolves not only because of the fact that I'm in a werewolf family but also because his Aunt is married to one.

"Soulmate? Wait wait wait you found your mate, that's amazing news Lexi. It's what you've always wanted, I'm happy for you." He said with nothing but joy in his voice.

"Maybe you'll get to meet him tomorrow. I also wanted to ask whether you will be picking me up tomorrow?" I asked playing with a piece of loose string on my Pajama shorts.

"Yep, same time as always." He said.

"Great then, greet your Mom for me please and I'll see you tomorrow." I said just as I saw Nick limping to my door. I sent him a smile and motioned him over.

"Will do, do the same for me then. Goodnight Babes and I'll see you tomorrow, love you." He said.

"Love you too." I said before hanging up and focusing all of my attention on Nick, who has a frown on his face as he looked at the phone that I had placed down.

"What's wrong?" I asked him with my head cocked to the side, worried about his change in demeanor.

"Was that Kayden?" He asked.

"Yeah, why?" I asked a bit confused.

"No reason." He said walking to the door. "If you need me I'll be in my room." He said walking out and moving in the direction that went to his room.

"I wonder what that was about." I mumbled going down stairs still thinking about what had just happened.

"What's up Lexi? You look deep in thought." I heard Livy say as I set down next to her by the kitchen counter.

"Well I was talking to Kayden when Nick came to my room. He left all of a sudden with a frown etched up on his face, when I asked him if something was wrong he practically brushed it off then went back to his room." I explained.

"Kayden ha?" She said seeming to be catch onto something.

"Yeah Kayden, he said hey by the way. Plus Nick asked I guess to confirm whether it was Kayden that I was talking to." I further explained remembering that little detail.

"Did he hear you say anything, I don't know affectionate or something to Kayden." Livy asked with a little side smile.

"Well I did say "Love you" to Kayden but that's pretty normal isn't it?" I asked her slightly catching onto what she probably saw as the reason behind Nick's sudden change in demeanor.

"Mate's are sometimes sensitive to hearing their mates give affectionate words like I love you to someone else so, I think that Nick might be a little jealous. But you'd have to ask him to be sure, this is just a speculation but I think this might be the cause of everything." Livy said as she got herself a glass of water.

"Yeah, it's possible, thank you Livy." I said just I heard Mom call out to us saying that dinner had arrived.

"Well I'm going to call Nick for dinner." I said jumping off the chair and heading upstairs.

"Sure thing, try to sort out the problem while you're at it." Livy called out.

When I got upstairs I found Nick laying on the bed facing upwards.

"Nick, dinner's ready." I said entering the room.

"Thanks, be down in a minute." He said still facing upwards.

"You okay, you seem a bit down. Is this about Kayden?" I asked and that seemed to catch his attention. "You shouldn't worry about him, Kayden is my best friend, nothing else, you're the only guy that I want." I said lightly caressing his face. I saw his face lighten up a bit at that. "Now how about we go eat before the food gets cold?" I asked pulling him up and heading towards the kitchen to eat.