Chapter 11

Nicholas's POV

Tonight I plan on taking Lexi out for a dinner date. Lexi does not know that my boss Mason paid me today. It was a surprise for me too, but I guess that all the hard work that I have been doing paid off.

I took her to a seafood restaurant which she had wanted to try. Turns out that my mate loves seafood, and whatever she wants I will give as long as I'm capable of giving it to her.

"Reservation for two under the surname Rivers." I told the hostess.

"This way Mr Rivers." She said leading the way to our table.

I placed my hand on the lower back of Lexi's back as I guided her to the table. I pulled out the chair for her when we got to the table.

"What a gentleman." Lexi said sitting down. "This is a really amazing night so far, thank you." She said with that dazzling smile of hers.

"It is my utmost pleasure Baby, anything for you." I responded, taking my own sit.

"Good evening, Sir." The waiter said with a little bow in my direction. "Good evening Ma'am." He said bowing to Lexi. "My name is Nathaniel and I will be you waiter today." He said. "Are you ready to order your beverages?" He asked standing with a straight posture.

"Ladies first." I said to Lexi. I want to make this a memorable date for her, after the rollacosters that we've been for in the short time that we've been together, she deserves to be spoiled.

"I'll have the non alcoholic Raspberry Mojito please." She said with a polite smile.

"I'll have your lemon flavoured ice tea for now, thank you." I told the waiter as he finished scribbling down Lexi's order.

"Okay, your orders will be out in 5 minutes." He said before making his way to the kitchen.

"This is all so fancy. What's the occasion?" Lexi asked with her head cocked to the side in curiosity. "It's not a proposal is it?" She asked. "Not that a proposal would be bad or any-" She tried to explain, until I decided to cut her off with a sweet kiss on the lips.

"It's not a proposal just yet, Baby, but soon it will be. For now I just wanted to spoil the love my life." I said with my lips still against hers. I quickly pecked her again before I fully pulled away.

"For now let's look through the menu so that we can quickly order when the waiter comes back." I said sending my mate a flirty wink and then I looked through the menu.

5 minutes later the waiter came back with our orders and fortunately we were ready to order. I again let Alexa order first.

"I'll have your creamed prawn appetizer, then I'll have the calamari, fries, muscles and squid dish for my main and then I'll have some chocolate cake for dessert." She ordered before giving the menu back to the waiter.

"And you Sir?" He eased putting the menu under his arm.

"I'll have the same starter, I'll have the lobster dish though with fries as well though and then I'll have sticky malva pudding for dessert. Thank you." I said giving the waiter the menu.

"Your dishes will be out in about 25 minutes." He said before taking our orders to the kitchen.

"Now where were we?" I asked directing my full attention to my mate.

Lexi and I talked about everything and anything. We laughed even as we ate our dinner. We shared our desserts and switched turns with feed each other.

"This was an amazing date. I couldn't have asked for anything better." Lexi said throwing her arms around my neck and giving a sweet kiss.

"It's not over just yet." I said.

"It's not?" She asked surprised.

"Nope, the next place is a surprise so I'm going to need you to cover your eyes with this." I said handing her a blindfold.

"Okay." She said with a raised eyebrow but she still obliged and covered her eyes.

I helped her get into the car and then we drove off to the next and final destination before we went home.

20 minutes later we arrived at our destination. I helped her climb out of the car and then took off her blindfold.

"Ta-da." I said standing in front of a small harbour.

"The harbour. Are we going on a night cruise?" She asked jumping in excitement.

"Yep, shall we?" I asked offering her my arm.

"We shall." She said taking the offered hand. We climbed onto the boat with only a few people in it.

"This is all really amazing, but I hope that you didn't take a loan to do off this." She said looking slightly worried.

"Well I got paid today actually." I said and watched as her eyes opened in surprise. "I was surprised too, so I wanted to spend my first paycheck with you." I said pulling her to my chest and looking down at her with adoration.

"I'm happy for you, Babe. Thank you for such an amazing night." She said looking at the water in complete Awe.

"I bought you something of actually two things." I told her.

"Oh and what might that be?" She asked facing me again.

I took out two boxes from my pockets, one rectangular shaped one and one small square shaped box and then I handed them to her.

"Open them." I encouraged her.

She opened the rectangular shaped one first, which had a beautiful silver necklace with my name written in a design with small pink diamonds next to the name.

"It's gorgeous, really this is too much." She said.

I took it from her and clipped it around her neck. And then I gently pecked her neck.

"Now for the next box." I said nodding towards the second box which contained a silver promise ring with two interlocked rose gold hearts with two diamonds next to the hearts.

"This is my promise from me to you." I started looking into her eyes. "I promise to always be there for you, I promise that one day this ring will be replaced with an engagement ring and later on a wedding ring. I promise that you are the only girl that I want and love, I promise to never leave you and to always cherish you for the rest of our lives together. You are my one and only. This ring symbolises my promises to you and that I am committed to you and you alone." I said wiping away the tears that were running down my mate's face.

"Don't cry, Baby." I gently cooed wiping of her tears. And slipping the ring onto her ring finger on her left hand.

She gently cupped my face and gave me a sweet and slightly salty kiss from the tears that were running down her face. I gently nibbled on her lower lip giving it a little pull and then I pressed my lips more firmer onto hers before pulling away.

"I love you so much and I promise to never leave you. I promise to always love you and be commited to you and you alone. I promise that the day that you propose I will say yes and of course I promise to always be there for you, no matter how bad the situation might be." She said with tears still running down her face. Luckily she doesn't wear makeup because if she was it would probably be running down her face at this moment, not like that would make me love her lesser though.

"It's beautiful." She said looking at the ring sitting on her finger with disbelief on her face. "I didn't see this coming." She said wrapping her hands around my neck letting me gently sway us both around.

"I'm glad to see that you love it, Baby. I love you with my whole entire heart." I said sealing everything off with a blissful kiss that made me even my legs turn into jelly. This moment was perfect and I cannot wait for more moments to come.