Senior Jeremy!?😳;....

" I need to talk to you about two things." He says again and I just stare at him. My brain trying to fix the jigsaw puzzle of how to escape this. 

"One is about your friend Dina but that would be later. Right now, I have something more important to say." He adds.

At the mention of Dina's name, I feel relieved a bit. Maybe he wants to ask me to help him ask her out but what if I'm wrong?

"May we? " He asks as he begins walking.

"Sure" I reply lowly.

"So uhm., Have you got a date for our prom? " He questions as we descend the stairs. My legs suddenly bump into each other cause of this question. I would have flown off the stairs if I didn't take hold of the railings. Why is he asking me about that?

"Why are you asking?. " I finally manage to ask after gaining my balance.

"I'm asking for a friend. " He replies scratching the back of his head. Phew! For a moment there, I thought I was about to be the villain in my best friend's love to... Wait! Did he just say, friend? Who could have an interest in my business?

I remain silent as we keep walking till we approach the school's playground. I find Senior Jeremy standing towards the end of the playground with his back against the wall and his arms crossed against his chest.

Jeremy is one of the school's best table tennis players. His gaze is miraculously fixed on the sun. He looks cute with his eyes squinted and his body fully bathed in sunray.

He doesn't realize mine nor Moses' presence till Moses clears his throat in a deliberate attempt to summon his attention. This startles Jeremy. At first, he looks scared, shocked, and finally a bit embarrassed. Hold up... Why exactly am I here?

I see Moses smiling at Jeremy and Jeremy just looks away as a child deliberately avoiding chocolate chips.

"Hey." He finally manages to say in a surprisingly high-pitched tune. Moses can't help but burst into a laugh and I also can't help it. I try my utmost best to stifle my laughter. Jeremy sounded like a woman trying out an opera note.

"Sorry," he says after clearing his throat.

"No p," I reply.

Moses and Jeremy are friends of mine. Most SS3 boys are my friends, but not close friends though. So I honestly don't understand what is wrong with Jeremy. Is he scared of me or something?

"I, Well I, The thing is, We, No! I... Jade will you, gimme a sec. Sorry I mean to say.. Well. " He begins to stutter and it takes a lot of willpower to abstain from laughing. I find this very scene confusing and humorous. What has gotten into him?

"What Mr. No guts here is trying to ask is; will you be his prom date? " Moses steps in and saves the situation for Jeremy. I feel my brain strike a metal gong and I am so close to laughing. Is this a joke?

I raise both my brows at Moses. He is a very mischievous person, and I should know. He, Jeremy, and I have spoken about some of his prank times without a number, and now I'm the target?

"You're kidding, right? " I ask Moses and I see Jeremy's expectant face drop.

"No, sis. I'm serious. Mr. No guts here wants you to be his date and thought it to be a good idea to ask you Ten Months earlier so no one beats him to it." He says emphasizing the ten months part. That is something.

Hold up. This isn't a Joke? What the hell!

Jeremy is cute and all but I don't want anything to do with guys anymore. Ugh!

"Although he made me ask for him, please don't mind that. You seem to have the ability to turn him into a woman. All that's left Is to get him a skirt. " Moses adds laughing and Jeremy punches him in the gut.

"So what do you say? " Jeremy finally speaks. His eyes filled with so much expectation.

"I'd be happy to. " I speak.

"Really? Thanks!" He replies with a broad smile.

"Amazing! Thanks, sis, you're the best. We still gotta talk bout, Dina, later though. " Moses adds punching my arm lightly.

I stand still, smiling as both of them walk past me. I turn around to watch them leave and I catch Jeremy turn around to steal a glimpse of me. He sees I am watching and quickly turns around making his head come in harsh contact with the swing pole in front of him. Ouch! That's gonna leave a mark.

Moses starts laughing and runs off as Jeremy begins to chase after him.

What have you done Jade? You? Prom? Your parents won't let you go, you don't like makeup, you don't have a prom appealing dress, you ought to be done with guys and who the hell do you think would let you go to an all-night school event?

I slap my palm against my forehead. "Ouch" I mutter as I rub my palm against my throbbing forehead.
You have outdone yourself this time Jade!

I hear the bell ring. Oh!  Biology! I begin to run to class to get my materials before I start another race to the school's Biology lab.