Jeremy;....

I get to the class panting. Thank God, the class is still a bit empty. I sight Dina and Silvy at the back of the lab and I proceed to join them. Dina taps the seat between her and Silvy and I silently take a sit.

"What happened to 'I'd save seats for you guys'? " Dina questions as I sit.

"Sorry, something came up. " I reply placing my notebook and pencil case on the table.

"Babe, I'm sorry, didn't mean to vex you. " Silvy apologizes and I simply smile at her.

"It's okay," I reply.

"So what's this thing that came up?" Dina asks.

"Jeremy asked me to prom." I blurt out indifferently.

"What? Did you get a date? That's awesome! " Dina exclaims with wide eyes. Once again; thank God the class is almost empty!

I quickly cup my palm over her lips to shut her up.

"That's cool." Silvia remarks.

"No! It's not! It's. It's a big problem! I honestly don't know why I said yes" I grunt as I slap my palm against my forehead.

"It's a good thing. It's awesome! Finally, Jade is gonna be a girl!" Dina squeals again. By this time the class is getting full.

"Oh no, madam. I am not wearing makeup nor heels. " I warn pointing at Dina.

"You guys may have to postpone this discussion. " Silvia notes as Dina makes to speak. We follow her gaze and we sight our teacher approaching the class.

"It's not over though. " Dina whispers pinching my side. I whimper and she laughs.

School's over and Dina and I decided to walk home instead of going by bus. Silvia goes home by bus instead. Her house isn't in the same direction as Dina's and mine.

"So.. What's your plan? " Dina questions.

"What plan? " I ask in confusion.

"You know, prom, your date, what you're going to wear, your hairstyle, how you're going to ask your parents, the fee, the... " Dina begins to list and I have to stop her.

"Dina, I'm not going! "

"Ehn!? " Dina exclaims in confusion.

"Look, I'm not going. I can't go and I won't go. " I reply.

"Shey, your brain is touching ni? You have already said yes to him and now you are just going to let him down? " Dina exclaims and I can't help but laugh.

"I'm not turning him down. He would be the one to do that. " I reply smiling broadly.

"Ahhh. Jade! Your village people have got you! " Dina shouts as she puts her hands on her head to add a more dramatic effect.

"What rubbish are you saying?" She asks and I can't help but laugh.

"Look Dina, it's me. The one and only Jade Oluwatobiloba. There is no way this won't crash under ten months. Ten months is more than enough time for me to do something embarrassing that would cause Jeremy to back out!" I state as I put a hand over her shoulders.

"Obara Jesus! This girl! Shey, it's madness they said you should use to start SS2 abi? " Dina exclaims.

"Jeremy likes you. I mean, asking a girl to prom ten months ahead deserves an award! Yes you are clumsy we both know that, but you will go to prom with him! " Dina says.

"Ahh! Nah jazz? " I ask her jokingly.

"No girl, I'm serious. This is a chance to start afresh and dash your silly dreams with Victor. We both know he is an asshole. You have to stop being unfair to every other guy who likes you, and you know I need a jist partner at the prom. Please come. " Dina advises and begs as she makes me face her.

"Fine. I'd think about it. " I finally submit.

I get home exhausted. I sit on my bed digging into the suya Dina and I bought on our way home. After the quick snack, I take off my uniform and take a warm shower. After which, I hit the bed and doze off.

Did I mention my dad got transferred to Lagos? Well, he did. He said the whole family would come to join him once I am done with Senior WAEC.

I get to school the next day and Moses delivers a note from Jeremy to me. It is a short sweet note that insinuates he has a crush on me.

I was right, Moses made me help him ask Dina to prom. Of course, you know she said yes.

I soon begin to talk to Jeremy. Honestly, I have zero feelings for him. I believe my feelings for Victor are buried somewhere deep down in my heart. They aren't gone, but deep enough not to be felt.

Unknown to Jeremy, he is the best thing I could ask for in this new class. Not cause I like him, I don't; but rather because he is the perfect distraction to get my mind off Victor.

I watch Jeremy fall for me and there is nothing I could do about it. Some silly things he does make me laugh but when he intends to make me laugh, I only laugh not to hurt his feelings. He just can't get my funny bones when he intends.

Jeremy got me a birthday gift, watches me each time I play, stares at me from his class window whenever I go out with Silvy and Dina.

I of course do some silly or rather embarrassing things in front of him. Not intentionally though, but it doesn't matter. Jeremy doesn't seem to mind those.

Soon, the first term is over. Three months flew so fast. I start the second term with Jeremy sending Moses to me with the proposal of being his girlfriend. Believe me when I say I saw that coming! But I didn't see myself saying yes.

I know I don't like Jeremy. Yes, he is cute and all, but. I just. I just don't feel attracted to any guy. I mean emotionally. Well. I said yes. I know I am wrong and deserve to be nailed to a cross but, I feel Jeremy is just what I need to get over Victor. Oh, I am so wrong!

Kalifa surprisingly asked Silvy to the prom and boom! Silvy, Dina, and I were the only girls who had SS3 dates. It was fun. We all started dating each other.. Lol.

My second ever relationship. Soon Moses and Dina broke up. Mose just. Changed. He hurt Dina, but my friend is an iron woman. She paid for a singles ticket and made sure she went.

Everything about 2nd term remained normal. Everything kind of remained normal till the point where Victor and I kissed in a truth or dare game. It meant a lot to me. I won't ever forget it.

Asides from that, the rest of the term majorly centralized on six of us. Me, Dina, Silvy, Kalifa, Moses, and Jeremy. Things stayed this way till it was the third term.

The term of the prom.