2. Nyctophile

❝ 𝑁𝑦𝑐𝑡𝑜𝑝ℎ𝑖𝑙𝑒 (𝑛) 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑝𝑒𝑟𝑠𝑜𝑛 𝑤ℎ𝑜 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑑𝑎𝑟𝑘𝑛𝑒𝑠𝑠 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑑𝑎𝑟𝑘 𝑛𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑠

❝ 𝑁𝑦𝑐𝑡𝑜𝑝ℎ𝑖𝑙𝑒 (𝑛) 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑝𝑒𝑟𝑠𝑜𝑛 𝑤ℎ𝑜 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑑𝑎𝑟𝑘𝑛𝑒𝑠𝑠 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑑𝑎𝑟𝑘 𝑛𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑠.......  ❞ 

««««««««««««««««««« »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

Now I am praying for some miracle, that the sun will rise and I will be waking up from my sleep and then It's all became a dream. I closed my eyes tightly for a moment. But nothing changed. I cursed myself for getting into these kinds of situations. 

" Esme...." I looked at Esme, who is a little sober.

" For fuck's sake, listen to me and get up from the chair "

I spat as I looked at the side where those mysterious men seen. Now he is speaking to someone on the phone. I feel like my heart is gonna burst out anytime soon. I tried to calm myself as I took a deep breath. Then within a second, I took a bottle of water from the next table and pour it on Esme.

" Yo! What the actual fuck was that! " She jumped from the chair and looked around. I slightly shake her to come to sense. After sometimes I explain her the situation and shown the mysterious people, who was watching us from far.

" How do we keep getting into these kind of situations? " Esme's voice trembled.

" Five years of friendship and I still don't know." I replied with a trembling voice too.

" When I count 1, 2, 3. Just run with me towards the hotel.. " I saw a ray of confidence in Esme's voice.

" Why? Just call your dad before something happen... "

" We can't! Because I left my phone at hotel " Esme told me as a shiver down through my spine. Because It was my only hope, when I realized this is not a dream anymore.

" What? " I sat on the chair with palms on my face.

" Come here, Y/n. We don't have any other choice. Stop wasting the time..!" Esme yelled.

Ready 1, 2, 3 Go......

We both were running as fast as we can. There were no lights on the other side of the beach park. So I decided to hold Esme's hand, in case if we get lost. But I couldn't find her hand near me. I stopped and turn around. Full darkness, empty road. I called out her name. But no response. A fear rushed through my veins as I started running again. God knows to where!

Then a realization hit me like a rock that I forget to take my phone from the table before. I was terrified to look back as I run into another unknown empty road. I once again looked backward. No Esme! Tears started to rolled down from my eyes.

But suddenly I bumped into someone. My head collapsed into a hard chest. I quickly looked up ,then I felt slightly relaxed as I saw his face. Because he is not one of those men, I am running from. Even in that darkness, his eyes shone brighter than the moonlight above us. He was like a moon, part of him was hidden away, just like his bucket hat did with him.

" Sorry! I wasn't looking while running.. " I somehow managed to say him and looked into his dark but shining eyes while tried to catching up my breath.

" But I was.... "  He said to me as a small smirk formed in the some corner of his lips. My breath hitched hearing that as I took two steps backwards.

" Come with me...  I am here to take you... "  He said it with his tenor voice. I frozen stood there like a statue. I gulped down the saliva as I took two more steps backwards. Run, Y/n! Run! I was saying in my head. But the fear take down my legs that it is not cooperating. But somehow I manage to restore the last drop of braveness  as I began to run away from him. I was violently  crying by calling Esme's name. Then suddenly a hand caught me from behind as I collapsed into his hug. And I lose my consciousness.

•   •    •   •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •

My eyes slowly opened, my body stretching as I woke up. I took a deep breath, I was relaxed and ready for a new day. It was all a dream. I thought as I sat up, something was not right. Something felt.....wrong.

I studied around the small room. I couldn't see anything out the ordinary. I examined it closer again. Still nothing. I closed my eyes and opened it again, and I finally saw it. Something so terrifying, it took a few moments for my brain to comprehend what it was.

This was not my room.

" You took so long to wake up " A male voice caught my ears from the other side of the room. I flinched as I looked at the direction.

Him!

My breathe became unstable as I saw him! He was looking at me and smiling.

" Who are you? " I panicked.

" Did you get a good sleep? " He avoid my question as he get up from the couch.

" Where is Esme? " I tried to get up from the bed. But suddenly I heard his voice.

" I hope you slept well " 

He looked at me. His firm, broad face showed pearls in deep shadows under the cheekbones, his eyes were sunken and his mouth sorely cracked. God knows what I looked like, when I looked at him. Sure there is more fear than anything. Without waiting for his answers, I tried to run away from the room as his tight hold in my elbow make me stopped halfway.

" Leave me! Who the hell are you?  " I yelled at him behalf of all my bravery veins.

" It's fine. You're in safe hands " He chuckled as his another hand reached my left elbow. I tried my best to remove my hands from the hold. But his strong hands make it hard for me.

" You know what they say, panicking burns a shit-ton of calories. " He said while scanning my face.

" Who even says that? "

" Me. Just now " He smirked.

I glared at him coldly as he tried to suppress his laughter. All this time, I was trying to release myself from him. But it was a horrible failure.

" Leave me, jerk. Why are you doing this? Where is my friend Esme? " I almost cried after that. Suddenly he thrown me into the bed. I hissed when my head hit on the wooden corner of the bed. I no longer hold back my tears. I cried. I cried my heart out.

" You better stop asking me 'QUESTIONS '. I hate that! " he shouted at me without even minding that I was crying. I flinched by his sudden yelling. He then left the room by slamming the door with a loud bang. I get up  from the bed as I hardly knock the door many times by saying     ' open the door, help me! Somebody help me'.

__________________________________________

Note : I keep my promise. Another update 😚
I hope you guys like this story. Please continue support me like this. I will try to update frequently.

Don't forget to vote and comment your feedbacks.

Borahae 💜

{ Published on : 13/10/2020 }