𝐑𝐚𝐩𝐡 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 (𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟐)

Requested by @LAZY-EMMY

Title: Something sweet

"Are you ready, (y/n)?" I turned and saw Raph looking at me, holding out an arm. He looked as if he were holding back tears. His eyes were shining and he was trembling slightly, his hands shaking.

"It's time?" I asked, taking his fingers in mine. Slowly standing, I wrapped his hand in mine and leaned my head against his arm. He gulped and looked down at me.

He nodded.

"Okay, so press this button when you're ready to come back and don't let your doppelgangers see you. You'll be sucked into a wormhole and it'll be like you never existed. Don't do that," Donnie handed Raph a little gray box with a red button on it. Raph took another deep breath and held my hand even tighter. With a reassuring squeeze from me and a quick hug from Donnie, we were stepping onto the platform that would take us to the future.

"Are you ready?" I turned to Raph to ask, but was unable to hear his answer over the loud click accompanied by the bright light that cut off my senses.

++++++++++

"(Y/n)," I was shaken awake by Raph, who was glancing around above me. We were sitting on a rooftop in New York. Below us was a balcony that overlooked the rest of the city. It was beautiful. Right as I was about to make my way to it, Raph grabbed my arm and pulled me back, gently bringing me to my stomach on the cold concrete.

"Raph, what are you-" he put a finger to his lips and gestured for me to be quiet while he jerked his chin downwards.

Oh. Someone was coming. It was me. Future me sighed restlessly and leaned against the railing, ignoring the way it creaked underneath me. I looked across the buildings beneath me, staring at Lady Liberty. Suddenly, there was a sound and the door behind me opened. Future Raphael stepped out and closed the door behind him, coming up behind me. He wrapped his arms around future me and we stood in place, not saying anything.

"Are you okay?" he murmured, leaning his head against mine to look at me. There was a beat where I didn't move, and then with the speed of light, I had turned into Raph's arms and wrapped mine around him.

I was crying.

"No, no I'm not. I'm not okay. How could I be, Raph? How can I be okay after..." I trailed off.

"Don't you be thinking what I know you are," Raph whispered, running a hand down my jaw. I sniffed and leaned my head into his hand, closing my eyes.

"How can I not? My baby is dead and it's my fault. How could it have happened if I was a good mother? I was such a bad one that my baby didn't even make it out of the womb. There must be something wrong with me," Raph hugged me fiercely and then pulled away, taking me by the elbows.

"(Y/n), listen to me. Okay? It is not your fault. That baby loved you. Do you wanna know how I know? Because I love you. Splinter loves you. Your parents love you. How could that baby not have loved you? What baby wouldn't want to call you mom? It wasn't your fault. It wasn't the baby's fault. It wasn't anyone's fault. It just happens, okay? The doctor said it's okay to try again later, so I'll leave it up to you. But just remember that it wasn't your fault. Okay? I'll remind you every day if I have to," he smiled gently and kissed my forehead, closing his eyes.

"I miss the baby too," he suddenly sobbed, "I miss them so much. Was it my fault? Did the baby not want me- a mutant- as a father? What did I do?" his voice cracked and he buried his face in my legs again and I quickly leaned down and took his face in my hands.

"I'm going to tell you what you told me, okay? These things happen. My doctor said there's nothing we could've done. The baby would've loved you, Raphael. Who wouldn't want a crime-fighting turtle as a father? They would've loved you just as much as I do. We're gonna miss the baby for a long time, yes. But, we'll never forget them and the crazy weird cravings they gave me," we both laughed, sniffing as Raph stood up and passionately kissed me.

"That wasn't our only chance to have a kid?" Raph asked hopefully as he looked down at me. I smiled and shook my head. But then, I furrowed my eyebrows and looked up at him.

"Let's just wait before we try again. I'm scared," he kissed me again and then wiped a tear from my face as I gazed up at him with adoring eyes.

"We'll wait for as long as you need," he promised, giving me an eskimo kiss. We laughed as he picked me up like a bride and took me back inside, whispering promises of better tomorrow's and beautiful days.

I sat in the same place for a few minutes, staring at the space where future me had been standing before. Then, it hit me.

"Oh, my-" I whispered, finally backing away from the edge of the building as my Raph sat back and stared at the rooftop, not saying a word.

"What?" he finally whispered, looking at me. I was too ashamed to look up. I lost a baby. No, I'm going to go through the pain of losing a baby. A person. "(Y/n)? What's wrong?" he crawled over to me, taking my face in his hands.

"I'm sorry. I-I lost a baby. What if I can't have babies? What if-" he cut me off with a kiss.

"Listen to me. You think I got with you just for kids? I love you, whether you can have kids or not, okay? I love who you are as a person, not whether or not you can make one. I love you (y/n) (l/n) and a dirty little kid isn't going to change that. Okay?" I smiled and kissed him again, nodding.

"Okay. And I love you too," then, with one more exchanged smile, Raph pressed the button to take us home. 

++++++++++

"So, how was it?" Donnie asked, pulling us to our feet as we both woke up to the bright lights of the lab.

"Uh, new. Informative," Raph said, treading lightly as I stayed quiet for a few seconds.

"(Y/n)?" Donnie asked, looking at me questionably, "Are you okay?" I looked up to him and then Raph.

I smiled.

"Of course! And to sum it up, it was sweet and I can't wait," Raph grabbed my hand and we left the lab, giving the control back to Donnie, who watched us with a smile.

"That's two down. I hope mine's as good as theirs," he sighed, rubbing his neck as he turned back to the desk he was sitting at. 

++++++++++

"Me either," Raph said suddenly after we closed the door behind us to Donnie's lab. I looked at his quizzically.

"What?" he smiled down at me as he took both my hands in his.

"I can't wait either. To spend the rest of my life with you. To wake up with you every day. To call you mine," I laughed and playfully pushed his chest. He didn't move an inch.

"You already do that," I teased, giggling.

"Yeah, but I can't wait to make it official," he winked as he strolled away, making his way to the kitchen.

Wait.

What?

Did he see-

"Raph!" I shouted, running after him, giggling as he started jogging. "Wait!" I laughed as I latched onto his back, kissing him over his shoulder.

I couldn't wait. 

++++++++++

Part three next ; )

I'm digging my own grave with these last two.