Reunion

Warnings: mentions of past abuse, PTSD, depression (not in detail), anxiety.

2 weeks after the whomping willow incident

REMUS' POV

I sighed as I packed my bag, the marauders map was laying open on my desk. Needless to say I was surprised when I saw a name labeled "Albus Dumbledore" walking towards my office. Not five minutes later a slow knock echoed on the wooden door of my office. "Enter!" I called out while still packing. I heard the door open and a low voice said "hello Remus" I paused my packing at the professor's melancholy voice. "Are you alright professor?" I asked.

3RD PERSON

Remus looked curiously at the usually happy professor. "Remus I'm afraid there is a problem with Mr. Black.." Dumbledore said slowly, clearly trying not to alarm the werewolf. "You found Sirius?!" Remus stared excitedly. "Yes, he is at his childhood home, as you know the Blacks protected their house with enchantments lost to today's Wizarding world" Remus stared at Dumbledore, he had never even been told where Sirius lived as a child. He guessed this was because of his strict parents but knowing Sirius was back in his childhood prison... Remus sighed. "What's the issue?" Remus asked, it was a stupid question, Sirius already had multiple mental health problems including PTSD, anxiety and depression from his childhood. "Sirius arrived 1 week ago and we believe he hasn't slept or eaten in that time... maybe longer" Dumbledore tried to tell him gently so he didn't alarm Remus to badly, that didn't work as well as Dumbledore would of liked though. "Where is he!?!" Remus yelled, he was worried but angry that Albus hadn't told him sooner. "That's why I came Remus, I think it's time you meet up with your old friend again." Remus rolled his eyes and grabbed the other professors arm.
Remus pulled him into the fireplace and grabbed some floo powder "tell me where" Remus growled. Dumbledore was taken aback by how Remus was acting. "12 Grimmuald place" Dumbledore answered. Remus quickly through the powder down and yelled clearly "12 Grimmuald Place!" A green fire enveloped Remus and he swirled into oblivion.

GRIMMUALD PLACE

The fire roared up in the fireplace as Remus stepped out and looked around in amazement. The house was dark and gloomy but had an air of magic surrounding it, as much as Remus would of liked to look around he knew he had to find Sirius.
Remus ran through the hallways quickly and stopped at a room labeled "Sirius" in faded letters. Remus opened the door. The room was dressed in faded red and gold colors, he was momentarily frozen when he saw the photos of the marauders on the walls. "Rem?" The scratchy voice snapped Remus out of his shock, he quickly turned around and saw that Sirius had looked up from some paperwork on an old grey wood desk. Sirius looked horrible, there were deep purple bags under his eyes that stuck out against his pale skin, he was way to thin and his eyes were bloodshot. "Siri?" Remus asked in a quiet voice. "Well duh" Sirius replies with a soft chuckle. Without warning Remus leaped at Sirius and hugged him.
It felt amazing to be able to touch Sirius again. The older man wrapped his arms around the younger, black haired man. Remus carefully ran his hands over Sirius body, he was disturbed by how thin the other was. "Sirius..." Was all Remus could manage. That was when Sirius broke. It wouldn't seem like a lot to make someone break but Sirius hadn't been shown kindness in 12 years. In seconds Sirius was shaking and sobbing in Remus' arms. The worry in Remus' words were the tipping point for him. Remus held Sirius close to him, the shoulder of his cloak was being soaked through by Sirius' tears. "Shhhh Siri, your not alone anymore, I'm going to be with you forever" Remus whispered into Sirius' ear. Remus' hand was rubbing Sirius back as Sirius slowly calmed down.
Sirius pulled back slowly and key Remus led him to the bed in the room. "Sirius when was the last time you ate?" Asked Remus quietly. "About 2 weeks..." Sirius answered with his head hung low. "Oh Siri.." Remus sighed and took Sirius' hand. "Will you eat now?" Remus asked softly, Sirius nodded slowly. Remus smiled kindly "I'm going to go get some food alright love?" Remus asked without thinking about the old nickname. "Love?" Sirius asked, clearly surprised. Sirius had naturally thought that Remus had moved on and found someone else, he had prepared himself for the formal break up when they met again. "Yeah, thought I found someone else?" Remus asked playfully, "well yeah..." Sirius answered, blushing. Remus sighed, "Sirius I could never find anyone as perfect for me as you, I love you and I will for as long as you let me" Remus stared softly as he lifted Sirius chin up and ran his thumb over Sirius' lips. They were both staring into each others eyes, slowly Remus moved their faces closer then captured Sirius' lips with his.
The kiss was sweet and held so much emotion. Remus ran his tongue along the bottom of Sirius lip, Sirius opened his mouth and they kissed more passionately. Slowly they broke apart. "Love you too Moony..." Sirius whispered as Remus and Sirius laid their foreheads against each other.
Slowly Remus pulled away. "Now I'm going to go get food" Remus said softly. Sirius nodded and let Remus pull away from him. As Remus closed the door he let out a happy sigh. Sirius was back with him, it was a dream.
Remus grabbed some crackers that wouldn't hurt Sirius' stomach considering Sirius hadn't had a proper meal in 12 years. As Remus walked back to the room he looked at the house. There were so many rooms, including one empty one with... burn marks? Remus noted to ask Sirius later.
When Remus came back Sirius perked up again. "Eat" was all Remus said as he set the plate down. Sirius looked at the food and the picked a cracker up and bit the tip off. Sirius' eyes lit up and he quickly devoured the rest of the crackers. Meanwhile Remus was looking at the room, what caught his eye was the beautiful chain on the dresser. The chain was a necklace, clearly silver but Remus didn't notice. Remus gently picked it up right as Sirius yelled "Remus! It's silver don't touch it!" Remus quickly dropped the chain and shook his burnt hand. He heard the old bed creak as Sirius got up. "Let me see Mooney" Remus held his hand out and Sirius inspected the burn. "Mooney you need to be more careful, half the stuff in this house is made of silver.." Sirius said as he summoned a medical kit. "Your an idiot moons" Sirius chuckled affectionately. "Who got thrown into the black lake and had to stay in the hospital wing for a week because of the mermaids?" Remus said innocently "shut it Lupin" Sirius growled playfully as he finished bandaging Remus' hands. "I should be more careful though" Remus said with a guilty smile, Sirius laughed softly. "You need to get some sleep love" Remus said softly as he ran his thumb along Sirius cheek, Sirius leaned into his hand and yawned, "just my point" Remus said fondly. Sirius laid down next to Remus and cuddled into his chest. "Your warm.." Sirius whispered, "and your cold, do you sleep in the freezer?" Sirius snuggled closer "no, I sleep in a bed" Remus shook his head, softly chuckling. "Go to bed love" ... "fine". "I love you Sirius Black" Remus whispered, "I love you to Remus Lupin" Sirius whispered back.

WORD COUNT: 1296