Chapter Six: Catching The Jealous Bug

                       I woke up again next to Hunter. I sat up, eyes half open-half closed before turning to look at the alarm clock. It was 6:45 a.m. School started at 7:30!

                       I jumped out of bed and in the process, Hunter fell off the bed and landed on his back.

                     "Shit," Hunter cursed.

                     "Sorry," I apologized.

                       I ran into my closet and grabbed the closest thing on the floor which was a baggy gray sweatshirt and jeans.

                    "You're wearing my shirt," Hunter replied.

                      Looking down, I saw he was right. It was his faded Harvard university sweatshirt.

                    "Oh well," I shrugged.

                   "Your boyfriend won't suspect anything?" Hunter asked.

                   "No," I answered.

                   "Ok," Hunter replied.

                   "Shouldn't you be getting ready?" I asked.

                   "Nah. Its early," Hunter answered.

                   "I'm gonna ditch you. Then you're going to have to explain to my dad why you're here. Shirtless," I said.

                   "Your dad scares me," Hunter admitted.

                   "That's the point," I said.

                     Hunter stuck his tongue out at me and I stuck mine out at him before going downstairs to eat.

*+*+*+*

                  "You look cute in my shirt," Hunter whispered in my ear as we were walking.

                   "No I don't. Shut up," I whispered back.

                   "Has anyone ever told you you look cute when you're mad?" Hunter asked.

                   "Has anyone ever told you you look like an asshole when you target girls like me?" I asked.

                    Reaching my locker, I opened it and took out my history book which was my homeroom.

                   "Your boyfriend's coming," Hunter whispered.

                     Like clockwork, I turned and waved to Logan. He looked at Hunter with a raised eyebrow quickly before looking back at me.

                   "Hey, Logan. Say...there's something Hunter would like to say to you," I said, turning to Hunter.

                   "Uh, I'm sorry for being an asshole to you yesterday. I was just being a bit...overprotective of my little girl, Ana. But if you make her cry, I swear to God that I will beat not only the living shit out of you but the dead shit waiting to come out as well. Are we clear, friend?" Hunter asked.

                     Logan only nodded and I could see that he was speechless.

                     "Good day," Hunter replied before walking off.

                       I closed my locker before saying, "He's certainly overprotective, eh?"

                    "I guess so," Logan replied.

                     As Logan and I were walking, I had bumped into something. Turning, I saw it was Samantha Caris, popular girl and not to mention, bitchy. It was no secret why she was single.

                  "Watch it!" Samantha barked at me before sashaying away.

                  "Class. Some people lack it," I muttered.

                  "Don't worry about it. I'm sure she's just jealous of you," Logan said.

                  "Jealous? Of me? If you weren't so adorably cute, I'd laugh in your face," I replied.

                  "I'm adorably cute?" Logan asked.

                  "Yeah," I answered.

                  "Hi Hunty!!!" a voice rang in the hallway.

                    I turned to see Samantha all over Hunter. I started to see green.

                  "Are you ok?" Logan asked.

                 "Yeah," I lied perkily, "But if you stay right here, I forgot something at my locker."

                   Before Logan could say anything, I fast walked to my locker. I purposely opened the locker to catch Hunter's attention and it worked.

                  "Oh, Ana, this is Samantha," Hunter introduced.

                  "Hi. I don't think we had the pleasure of meeting," I said.

                  "Unless you count watch it as a proper greeting," I added as a sly remark.

                  "Ha, that's funny. But anyways, nice to meet you, Anita," Samantha said.

                    She got my name wrong on purpose, that bitch.

                  "Its Ana. And you too, Sabrina," I added.

                  "Its Samantha," Samantha corrected.

                   We gave eachother the -we'll never be friends- stare before I turned to Hunter.

                  "Are we still on for tonight?" I asked.

                  "Tonight?" Hunter asked.

                  "The study date remember? C'mon, you can't forget that easily," I answered.

                "Oh yeah," Hunter said, "That. I'll definitely be there."

                "You might want to stay over too. Cuz it'll be pretty late," I added.

                "Coolio," Hunter said.

                "Coolio. Bye Hunter. And bye Savannah," I said before closing my locker door and walking off.

                "Samantha!" Samantha shouted.

                  I smirked victoriously before walking back to Logan.

                "What happened?" Logan asked.

                "Nothing. Walk to me class please?" I asked.

                 Logan nodded and I smiled from ear to ear.