001

____________________
Chapter 1!
Accidental Run In
____________________

It had been almost a week since Stella had promised her friends that she would ask Jessie if he loved her. She still hadn't done it, any time she got the chance she'd chicken out and quickly change the subject.

But today was different, Stella had promised herself the previous night, before heading to bed that she would do it. She'd go over to his house and ask him the big question without chickening out.

When she woke up that morning, she was still set on doing just that. So she jumped out of bed, got ready and then started on her way to Jessie's house.

It didn't take long for her to regret her decision, when she was two blocks away from Jessie's house she looked across the road and saw someone she hadn't seen in over a year.

Stella quickly looked away hoping that he hadn't noticed her, but it was too late. He had turned to look at her just seconds before she turned away.

She began walking as fast as she could, knowing what would happen if she didn't. When they broke up, Stella promised that they'd stay in touch and remain friends. Of course, that didn't happen. They hadn't seen each other since the break up.

"Stella!" He called causing her to cringe and turn to face him, a huge fake smile plastered on her face.

"Oh, hi Louis." Stella said, trying her hardest to sound as genuine as possible.

"Why are you in such a rush, come and talk to me!" Louis said and gestured for Stella to cross the road.

Stella took a deep breath, deciding it was best not to tell him where she was heading and crossed the road to stand face to face with Louis.

"You didn't answer my question, where are you heading?" Louis asked, Stella had to seriously restrain herself to stop herself from rolling her eyes.

"Nowhere important." She replied.

"It seemed important."

"Well it's not, can you just tell me what you want to say so I can get to my boyfriend's house." Stella was so angry that she hadn't realised that she let slip that she has a boyfriend until it was too late.

"You have a boyfriend?" Louis asked and for some crazy reason, he looked hurt.

Stella sighed, "Yes, what does it matter to you."

"It doesn't... Anyway, I just wanted to see how you've been. I haven't since you since the break up."

"I'm fine, absolutely peachy. Is that all?" Stella asked and when Louis didn't reply she began to cross the road.

"Also, I wanted to give you a heads up that I'm moving to your school soon."

Stella stopped dead in her tracks and was about to turn around and say something. However, she quickly changed her mind and continued walking to Jessie's house.

She couldn't seem to get the thought out of her mind that she'd be seeing Louis almost everyday at school now. At the start of 2019, Stella would have been over the moon hearing that news but now, she definitely was not happy.

Reaching Jessie's door, Stella quickly shook the thoughts from her head and tried to remember what she was here for. She was hear to ask Jessie if he loved her and if he didn't, she'd break up with him. Breaking her own heart in the process.

Stella knocked on the door and seconds later, she was staring at the face of her boyfriend. He looked extremely confused. Stella never usually showed up to his house without warning.

"Can I talk to you?" Stella asked and Jessie nodded in reply, closing the door behind her and leading her to his room.

"What do you want to talk about?" Jessie asked as he took a seat next to Stella on his bed.

Stella let out a long sigh, if she didn't say it now she'd chicken out, "Do you love me?" She blurted out and Jessie stared at her wide eyed. "Tell me the truth please, I won't get mad."

"You want me to be completely honest?" Jessie asked, Stella nodded in reply. "No, I don't."

Stella inhaled sharply to stop herself from bursting into tears.

Before Stella couldn't even get a word out Jessie continued, "But that doesn't mean I'll never love you."

"Jess it's been eight months and you still haven't fallen in love with me." Stella said and then she bolted out of his room and to the front door.

She knew she had to get out of that house before she started crying. Luckily, she managed to get three blocks away from his house before she collapsed onto the ground and began crying into her knees.