Chapter 3 | New Companion

"Name?"

The voice of the goblin sitting on the stool echoed throughout the hall as the bank was currently undergoing the usual slow day. The bank was currently empty, save for Harry, Clarice and the goblins.

Harry beamed up at the goblin when she recognized his voice, "Why, Rockhead, I feel quite saddened that you don't remember an old friend of the goblins." She said in a sad tone, shaking her head at her friend.

Looking up - well down, actually - from his stool, Rockhead stared at the grinning kid, ignoring the surprise featured on her companion's face. A small sharp grin grew on the goblin's wrinkly face, "Deathling." He greeted fondly.

Harry felt few strands of dark hair fell in front of her eyes as she tilted her head with a grin.

"Indeed,"

The sound of paper shuffling died as the other goblins in the hall stopped what they were doing to see who Death's ward have reincarnated into this time.

"I want to know what I got in this body." She said, gesturing to herself, "So can I do a blood inheritance test?"

When Clarice thought the goblin couldn't look even scarier, Rockhead's grin grew even more feral. "Of course, young Deathling." He said before gesturing to another goblin to come forward. The goblin nodded to the girl, "Lady Deathling, please follow me." He said before walking off. Giving a quick nod to Rockhead, Harry took Clarice's hand and let herself be pulled in the right direction.

After being led through a few twist and turns, they finally reached their destination. While Harry couldn't see what was in front of them, Clarice could. In front of them stood two huge doors, both made out of gold. Indicating that in a few seconds, they're going to be in the presence of the highest ranking goblin in magical England, or possibly the magical world.

In other words, the Goblin King.

Her jaw slacked even more when she saw the goblin knocked. Knocked! Even with the other goblins, none ever bothered to knock! She thought as she remembered her few visits to Gringgots.

"I've brought the Lady Deathling, your majesty."

Well, that just confirmed it.

The door creaked open, inviting them to come in. She saw the goblin bow to the door before turning back to them, nodding towards the beaming girl beside her.

"Go ahead."

Harry bowed again in appreciation to the goblin and said "Thank you, Griphook." before tugging on Clarice's hand to lead her in.

"Lady of Death, miss Roman." A voice greeted as they filtered in.

The interior was certainly not what Clarice had expected. It looked very normal, very similar to the interior of the principal's office of her school. A desk and a chair for his work, a table and a couple of sofas for when he had guests and some knick knacks to decorate the office.

It looked quite... domestic.

Clarice led them both towards some chairs to sit on.

"King Ragnuk," Harry greeted before frowning, "I only wanted a bloody simple inheritance test. What the hell?"

Clarice was close to having a heart attack. She is not kidding when she said that Harry was going to be the death of her. Because- well, you get the reason.

But to her relief, King Ragnuk only grinned. Even if his sharp teeth did unnerve her a tad bit. "Well, you can do it right here right now, can't you? Why, did you really plan on visiting Gringgots without meeting an old friend?" He asked with an amused tone.