3

OLIVIA SCAMANDER
Hogwarts/the great hall...
"welcome to Hogwarts!" the old looking woman, who I think is Professor McGonagall, said from the top of the stairs
"now, in a few moments you will pass through these doors and join your classmates, but before you can take your seats you must be sorted into your houses, they are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin, now while you're here your house will be like your family your triumphs will earn you new points, any rule braking and you will loose points." as she was talking I heard Draco and his friends groan and shuffle about, probably because they were bored or something like that, "At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup-" then she was stopped by loud croaking from a frog which was stood right by her feet.
"oh, Trevor!" a boy shouted as he pushed past a few people to get the toad "sorry" he chuckled awkwardly before going back to where he was before
"the sorting ceremony will begin momentarily" Professor walked off into the hall, leaving all us first years alone.
"it's ture then" Draco pipped up from behind me "what they're saying on the train. Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts..." a bunch of murmurs filled the stairway
"Who's Harry Potter?" I whispered to Cedric
"its that boy Next to Ron, he-who-shall-not-be-named tried to kill him but he survived" Cedric explained lowly
"ohhh right.." I nodded
Draco carried on "This is Crabbe and Goyle. And I'm Malfoy, Draco Malfoy" he pushed past Cedric and I and stood in front of that Harry kid, but once he came to a stop Ron snickered causing draco to snap his head around.
"think my name is funny do you?" he snickered as well "no need to ask for yours, Red hair, and a hand-me-down robe, you must be a Weasley" then he looked back at harry "You'll soon find out that some wizarding families are better than others Potter, you dont want to o making friends with the wrong sort, I can help you there" Draco stuck his hand out, I guess so Harry could shake it
"I think I can tell the wrong sort for myself thanks" Harry absolutely shot back at him, but before Draco could say more McGonagall came back, he annoyedly walked back to Crabbe and Goyle before McGonagall led us into the 'Great hall'. Cedric was gobsmacked seeing all the floating candles and the spell that makes the roof look like the sky, its honestly really cool, but then as the both of us were admiring the celling Draco turned up right next to me.

"do you reherse that line do you Malfoy?" I whispered towards him
"what?" he turned to me
"when you introduce yourself, do you reherse it? since you did the same one to me and Potter, and probably to many more" I shook my head
"no" he sneered "It's natural" then he turned way from me, Cedric started laughing
"what!" I pushed him lightly
he shrugged "just him innit, full of himself"
"well, yeah" I replied, but then we got closer to the Sorting Hat and I started to get really nervous and scared, I think it was because there was so may people staring at me, Cedric must of noticed how nervous I got so he grabbed my hand. we all grouped up together and waited for a few seconds before McGonagall spoke up
"now before begin, professor Dumbledore would like to say a few words"
"i have a few start of term notes I wish to announce, the first years please note that the dark forest is strictly forbidden to all students, also our caretaker Mr. Filtch has asked me to remind you, that the third floor corridor, on the right hand side is out of bounds, to everyone who does not wish to die a most painful death," I looked over at Cedric, confused why he mentioned death, though he just shrugged. "thank you" he finished, then McGonagall stepped forward holding a long roll of parchment.
"when I call your name, You will come forth I shall place the sorting hat on your head and you will be sorted into your houses," she said
"Luna Lovegood!" she called, the girl in front of me walked forward and went to sit on the stood, placing that hat on her head, it took some time but then I called out "RAVENCLAW" one of the 4 tables started cheering and clapping for her as she awkwardly made her way to the table.
"Demi Wilson" Ravenclaw
"Mandy Brooklehurst" went to Ravenclaw too, but "Lavender Brown" became the first new Gryffindor, and the table on the far left exploded with cheers; and I could see Fred and George, Ron's twin brothers and the funnest boys I know, catcalling.
"Hermione Granger" we all heard her talk to herself lightly as she walked up
"mental that one, I'm telling ya" I heard ron announce from a couple rows infront of me causing me to giggle slightly, anyway she sat down and the hat was placed on her head, we could see the hat talking but only Hermione could hear it, it didn't take to long before the hat called out "GRYFFINDOR" again causing the table at the far left to explode.
"Draco Malfoy"
he walked up slowly to the stool, obviously once he was sat down the hat was slowly going to be placed on his head, though it didn't get time to touch him as it called "SLYTHERIN!" I turned my head to the side and saw Oli greet Draco..
"Susan Bones" the hat soon shouted "HUFFLEPUFF"
"Ronald Weasley" he looked around, Nervously before going up to professor McGonagall and sitting on the stool, the hat seemed to figure out his house quite fast "GRYFFINDOR!" he smiled brightly and walked happily to join his brothers and new friend at the Gryffindor table
"Harry Potter" the room quietened down, more murmurs about his name were spread around the room, he sat down and the hat was placed on his head, as the hat was saying something to him we could see Harry's lips moving as if he was saying something to the Hat, but the next thing we knew it called the house "GRYFFINDOR!" He then went to join his friends...
ABOUT 10 MINUTES LATER...
now there must be only 3 of us left, Cedric, some girl and me, it was horrible, like I didn't want to be last it feels massively awkward, probably more awkward than being first.

"Hannah Abbot... Hufflepuff"
"Cedric Diggory!" she called out, he gulped and let go of my hand as he walked up the small stairs to sit on the stool, the hat was placed on his head and he was proper on edge "HUFFLEPUFF!" the hat shouted, cheers and claps came from the table again as he went to sit down, leaving a space, hoping i'd get into the same house.
"and finally, Olivia Scamander" I stepped up and sat down, now understanding why everyone looked so nervous when they were sat up here, you have to look down at everyone. then the hat started to talk...