Mating Season - Part 2

(STING POV)

Finally she agreed to spend a night with me. It's not exactly a night, just a few hours. I can't stand to be around her too long, because if I do, I may lose control and it will be bad, so bad that I may hurt her. And I can't do that, I just can't risk hurting her.

I'm holding her hand as we walk under the starry night. Her hand is so small and yet radiating so much warmth. I've 'marked' her since the day we met. She was fighting sea monsters, beautifully and effortlessly. Her beauty captivated me. Her smile, her laugh stole my heart. And then her kindness to me, just taken me hostage, completely. That day, I'm fallen in love, deeply.

Anyway, back to our date now. We're just going to get snacks and maybe I could ask her to come and watch movie, or something. Two hours sounds like acceptable time, right? 

"What do you wanna get Y/N?" 

"HM... let's see... could I get the two scoops one?"

"Sure! I could get you the whole store if you ask me to..."

"Hahaha... and let Sabertooth go bankrupt?" hear that? The laugh, plus the face she makes, how her eyes are laughing too. "I'm just going to get the cookies and cream and also the chocolate ice cream... thank you..." she said, smiling to the waitress. "What are you getting, Sting?"

"Hm... I'll get the strawberry and the vanilla ice cream, please..."

The waitress is preparing our ice cream, but we're not staying here. We're going to walk again, enjoying our ice cream under the stars. Cliché, I know, I just don't know what else to do. 

"Thanks!" she said to the waitress and hand one ice cream cone to me; "here you go..."

"What should we do next?" I asked her; "Do you wanna sit somewhere on the higher ground, or something? We could have a nice view there... hm... I don't really go on a date like this... so I don't know if I'm doing it right..."

"Hahaha... sorry... I shouldn't have laughed... I don't have dating experience... I could tell you, I'm having a good time though... I'm always having a good time with you..."

"Really?" she doesn't say yes or no to the walk up the hill, so I'm taking her to the hill and have a nice view for the date, plus we would be away from people and we'd have the time for just the two of us. "Do you like your ice cream?"

"I do! Thanks! Hey, Sting... if I don't pick you, just in case... will you be okay?"

"HMM... I won't be okay for a little while, but I'll be okay soon... what's important is you pick someone who makes you truly happy... and I think it won't be like this once you've got the mark... that's how the marks work, right?"

"I think so... and I hope so... as much as I love the attention of three men at once, I dislike the fighting and picking someone... and then hurting someone in the process..."

"You're too kind... let's get there with magic, it's much faster... use your magic... my magic is too bright, they'll know where to find us..."

"Hahaha... silly! But fine..." she places her hands on the ground, and a tree trunk comes out of the ground. We both get on the top of the tree and she directs the trunk to take us to the higher ground.

Everything is easier with magic. We arrived in no time. Y/N sits on the ground and lies her body on one of the big trees in the forest; "You're right... the scenery is beautiful... I could see the whole Magnolia from around here..." she yelled in excitement. Look at her (E/C) eyes glow. I could see her happiness from her eyes. She's too easy to read, sometimes. When she doesn't put her guard up.