Chapter 7

Cassie's POV

I was feeling really excited while Michael and I were on our way to our date. He was being really secretive about where exactly we were going, but I definitely had a good feeling about it.

We stopped at a drive through on the way there and got burgers. We then ate them as we drove along. After we had been driving for about 1 and a half hours, Michael turned left into a large carpark and I finally saw where we were going to be spending our date. It looked like a stadium.

"Welcome to your first concert" Michael said, stepping out of the car and shutting his door. I stepped out, looked at the stadium and then looked over at him. He was already looking at me, smiling. "Oh my god really" was all that came out of my mouth. He just laughed and nodded his head, while pulling two tickets out of his back pocket.

It was a concert where around 30 different bands would come and play a set each. I had heard of a few of the bands and I couldn't believe that Michael took me here. Most of the bands weren't really big names, but I had never been so excited and happy. Michael could see that. The biggest name playing, was Metallica. Michael and I had talked about Metallica on the plane, and he knew that I'm a fan like he is.

"Looks like I chose the right place to take you" he said.

"Yes, definitely, this is perfect! Thankyou".

He walked towards me, grabbed my hand, and we walked to the entrance. I didn't expect us to hold hands, but it was really nice.

I was amazed once we walked inside. I had seen pictures of concerts, and videos, but it is so amazing when you are actually there. The atmosphere is so great. The concert didn't start for another 2 and a half hours, but Michael explained that there is no arranged seating so if you come just before the concert starts, you'll be stuck right up the back. So we looked for 2 seats as close to the stage as possible, and we ended up with really good seats. Michael told me to sit and mind the seats while he went to get something. About 15 minutes later he came back with food. He had 2 icecreams and 2 cans of coke. We sat and talked, while we ate our icecreams. Once we were done, we continued talking and conversation came really easy.

There was an hour to go until the concert started, and the stadium was full. There were people still piling in, and there were many people having to stand up the very back. Michael and I didn't want to leave our seats because someone would surely take them, but he asked the people next to us to mind them for us and then he took me around the side of the stage. We weren't supposed to be around here, and I didn't feel right about it. But Michael just grabbed my hand and pulled me along until we were in the backstage area. It was pretty cool. We had to keep hiding behind doors and hurrying in the opposite direction if we heard someone coming. I saw one of the bands warming up, and other random band members changing their guitar strings. Michael showed me where they operate all the lighting  and some dressing rooms and stuff. I kept telling him that we shouldn't be here but he just kept telling me it's fine and walking in further. After seeing most of backstage, and not getting into trouble, we walked out and back to our seats.

"That was cool, wasn't it" Michael said to me, smiling. He had been smiling a lot. So had I.

"Yeah, I admit, that was awesome". I replied, grinning. There was no roof on the stadium and the sun was no longer shining as bright as it was before. After Michael and I talked a bit longer, the crowd started chanting really loudly and the concert was about to begin. The first band started playing from behind the curtain, and everyone started screaming and cheering.  

Once the curtain opened, the cheering got even louder and everyone stood up out of their seats. Michael gestured for me to stand up on my chair. So I did and so did he. During the songs that I knew I would sing along, and if Michael saw me singing then he'd sing too. Band after band, the night got darker and the crowd became louder and louder. At one point one of the bands started playing a really slow song, and Michael took my hand and kept spinning me around and we sort of danced together. Metallica got the biggest cheer, when they were on halfway through the concert. Michael looked really happy throughout every performance, and I was feeling the same, this night was amazing. I was dancing to the music a lot, even though my dance moves were pretty embarrassing. I seemed to forget everything that I was worried about, every little care escaped my mind. I get this feeling whenever I talk to Michael.

 Then light rain started falling from the sky. Everyone continued dancing and singing along as though it wasn't raining at all. Not long after, everyone was drenched. My hair was soaked and so were my clothes, but I didn't care at all. Nobody did. I looked over at Michael, both of us surrounded by people waving their arms around and dancing to the music being played in front of us. His hair was now flattened from the rain, and he looked at me. We both stood there smiling at each other, I turned my head and glanced back at the stage, he continued to stare at me. Rain still pouring from the sky. I looked back at him, and then he stepped closer and his hand went up to my chin, gently pulling my face closer to his, and he leaned forward, not taking his eyes off mine. I had never noticed before, that his lips were the same colour as his hair. I looked down at his lips, and they were soon on mine. When I first met Michael on that plane, I didn't see us, months in the future, kissing in the audience of my first concert, in the pouring rain. I rested my arms on his shoulders and he grabbed my waist. This day could not get any more perfect. But somehow it did. Because once the band played the final chord, I realised that I am in love with Michael Clifford.