Chapter 9

Michaels POV

I started to get really nervous driving over to Cass' house. Which is stupid for me, because I never get worried about these things. Everyone always notices how confident I am, and how good I am at conversation and things, especially with girls. Now this is the first time that I actually feel nervous around someone, and I don't know why. I've been on only one date with her, but that was a good date, and I get to see her again now. I want to ask her to go out somewhere else with me this afternoon. Is it too soon? She did just get out of a relationship. But she kissed me back. She seemed happy the whole date, right? I should ask her. Or maybe I should wait. I don't know. All of this overthinking is gonna destroy my brain.

I pulled up outside her house and just sat in my car for 10 minutes, trying to figure out what I was going to say to her, and what to talk about with her family. I don't want to be stuck talking with her parents for too long, what would I talk to them about? Maybe I should come a bit later so that she's definitely ready and we can leave straight away. I was still sitting in my car outside her house when I decided to just honk my horn a couple of times and wait for her to come out. The front door opened and she walked down the path and opened the door. She looks really pretty, as she always does. Her brown hair is slightly wavy and she's moved it all to one side of her neck. She's always wearing some makeup, not heaps though. Her eyes have black eye shadow on them and her face seems to look tanner than her pale arms. She's wearing the same jeans she wore last night, I think they look really cool. She's wearing a plain white singlet which is similar to what I'm wearing underneath my red flannel. Awkward.

She gave me a big smile and I got out of the drivers seat and walked around the front of the car where she was.

"Today I'm your driving instructor". I announced.

She giggled and leaned forward to kiss me. I put my hand out for a handshake instead.

"No kissing the driving instructor young lady" I said to her. She just giggled again and shook my hand before she got into the drivers seat and I sat in the passenger. Damn, I really wish that I had just kissed her instead of trying to be cute.

We drove around her neighbourhood for a while, until I got bored and said that we should go somewhere further. So I covinced her to drive us to my place. I gave her directions, and we arrived after about 30 mins. She was a pretty decent driver, a lot better than I was when I first started. She doesn't need to know that though. I still tried to give her tips and stuff, I don't know if I made a huge difference, maybe after a few more lessons. I think I taught her quite a bit.

_________________________________________________

Cassie's POV

Michael and I basically talked about concerts and bands for the entire drive. It wasn't really a lesson, and I didn't really learn anyting new, but he wants to do another one tomorrow and it's a good excuse to see him. I stopped the car outside his house and he invited me inside.  I don't know if this was his plan all along for these lessons, it probably was. I accepted his invitation and followed him to his front door. I started to wonder if his parents were home. I wouldn't really know what to say to them. He met my parents briefly before the concert, but he hasn't really spoken to them for more than one minute. I thought that he would get to properly meet them today, but he didn't even come into my house. He just honked his horn outside. I wonder why he did that? Probably to keep his cool reputation. He unlocked his door and we walked inside. His house was quite big, but it didn't have a lot of furniture in it. There were a lot of corners with nothing in them, and a lot of blank walls. It had a table, chairs, lounge, tv and all that, but there still wasn't much. Considering how big the house is. 

"Welcome to the Clifford house." He said, he didn't say it very enthusistically, he was quiet and he quickly turned around and started walking up the stairs. I followed and he opened the door to his bedroom. His bedroom was the same, very empty. I don't know why that is. There were some posters on his wall of all different bands, his bed was messy and unmade, there was a desk in the corner, a guitar leaning against it.

"You play guitar? I asked.

"Oh, yeah. A bit" He replied.

"That's cool." I said. I wanted to ask him to play something for me. I didn't ask though. We both sat cross-legged on his bed facing each other.

"So I'll come round to yours same time tomorrow?" He asked me.

"Yeah, maybe we should drive for a bit longer tomorrow." I said, just giving him a hint that we didn't actually drive for that long.

"You drove quite a bit" He said. "It's half an hour here, plus you gotta drive home."

"Are your parents working?" I asked, half curious and half just wanting to start a good conversation.  

"They're up in Queensland at the moment." He said, looking down at his hands and starting to look slightly worried. I was curious as to why his parents were in a different state.

"Why are they up there?"

He paused, and stuttered, trying to think of what to say.

"Business trip" He finally said.

"Both of them?"

"Yeah". He said. It was pretty unconvincing, and I don't know what there is to hide about his parents going away. I guess I might find out a bit later.