Chapter 15

Lydia's POV:

Eren didn't waste any time, gesturing for me to walk through the door.

I did with a 'Thank you' stepping out into the cool spring air.

It was just noticeably colder here than it was back in my village, but it still felt nice.

My footsteps hollowed as I stepped onto the sizable porch that wrapped around the front of the house, and I immediately stopped to look at what else was on it.

To the left was a swinging bench, and to the right was a little table surrounded by four chairs.

All, like the rest of this place, looking excellently crafted.

I carefully made my way to the declining steps that were placed to the left of where the center would have been, inspecting every inch that I could.

It was once I reached them that the sound of running water hit my ears again, and I could see that the river I spotted earlier flow from under the house and to the right of the stairs.

Interesting choice, but I'd be lying If I wasn't into it.

The river itself wasn't wide enough to cause any damage, maybe about four or five feet wide.

"So," Erens voice spoke up from behind me, "Whadya think so far?"

I turned back as she walked towards me, a slight extra bounce in every step she took.

"It's beautiful," I responded honestly, taking a good long look just at the house itself, "I mean even this alone is... impressive."

She looked pleased with my answer, standing beside me and turning to look where I was.

"I agree, Luka definitely went all out when he built this. It's one of the most charming builds here in my opinion."

My eyes widened as my head whipped to face her.

"He built this?!" I questioned.

There's no way

There's no way this guy can build luxury cabins on top of everything he's shown me so far.

She looked surprised by my surprise.

"Well, yeah. I thought he would have told you that by now." She replied.

I just shook my head.

"Really? Luka's not usually one to brag, but I would have thought he'd make an exception for trying to impress his mate. But I guess I can do it for him," she sang, turning and skipping down the stairs.

I followed beside her, eyes taking everything in that I could as she explained.

"He built it as a close replica to his childhood home back in our previous pack, with a few additions he installed over time."

Previous pack?

Again, I had to stop myself from asking.

"It was actually one of the last buildings here. He made sure and heavily aided in everyone else's living accommodations after we moved here before he built his," She did a 180 and stopped once we were about thirty feet from his house, "I still think he got the best spot though."

I followed, not even knowing why I thought my shock at what I'd see would stop any time soon.

About twenty feet behind the back of his house sat a cliff's edge that loomed what looked to be 70 feet above, the mist of the waterfall that dropped from it hazing around the back of the building.