5- "Sadistic"

Previously On The Vampire Diaries.
Stefan: You've been growing it.
Zach: It's just something that's been passed down through the generations. Blood only runs so deep when you're related to vampires. Damon would kill me if he knew that I had it. Is that Damon Salvatore? And, Stefan Salvatore?
Damon: The original Salvatore brothers. Our ancestors. Tragic story, actually.
Stefan: We don't need to bore them with stories of the past.
Elena: It's not boring, Stefan. I'd love to hear more about your family.Stefan: Look, there are things that you don't know, okay? Things that I want to tell you, but I can't. And I may never be able to. And I just need you to trust me.
Elena: Trust is earned. I can't just magically hand it over.Alejandra : "Mm-hm. My baby was given away. I was banished to England and I had to learn to adjust. So I quickly became English. It was there that I caught the eye of a nobleman named Klaus.

Salvatore Boarding House

[In the cellar.]

Damon: Where is my ring?
Stefan: Won't be needing it anymore.
Damon: How long have I been here?
Stefan: Three days.
Damon: What are you doing?
Stefan: During the dark ages when a vampire's actions threatened to expose or bring harm upon the entire race, they would face judgment. They sought to reeducate them rather than to punish them.
Damon: You know what will happen if I don't...feed on blood.
Stefan: You'll grow weaker and weaker. Eventually you won't be able to move or speak. In a week your skin will desiccate, and you'll mummify. A living corpse. Unable to hurt anyone. Ever.
Damon: So what, you're just going to leave me in the basement, forever?
Stefan: I've injected you with enough vervain to keep you weak. Once your circulation stops, I'll move you to the family crypt, and then in 50 years, we can reevaluate.
Damon: I'm stronger than you think.
Stefan: You always have been. But you're not stronger than the vervain. And we both know it. I'm sorry. Didn't have to be this way.

Gilbert Residence

[Elena is waking up and goes to the bathroom. She meets Vicki.]

Vicki: I--I'm sorry, I'm almost done.
Elena: It's--it's ok. Take your time.
[Elena leaves and Vicki goes to Jeremy's room.]

Vicki: I think you might be in trouble.
Jeremy: What did you do?
Vicki: Oh, Elena saw me.
Jeremy: I'm a drug-using delinquent. A girl in bed doesn't really rank. Sorry.
[Elena finds Jenna in the kitchen.]

Elena: Jenna! Are you aware of what's going on upstairs?
Jenna: Uh-huh.
Elena: And you have no objection?
Jenna: He could be craftier about it, at least make an effort to sneak her in and out. Oh, and just so you know, I won't be home for dinner.
Elena: Oh, so you're actually going to do it. You're gonna go out with Logan.
Jenna: I'm going to show up and torture him, yes. And have you heard from Stefan?
Elena: Not since he left that very vague message three days ago. "Hi, um, Elena, I, um, have something I have to do. I'll, uh, explain in a few days."
Jenna: Haven't you called him?
Elena: Nope. Not going to either.
Jenna: And you're ok with everything?
Elena: No, I'm not ok with any of it. But I'm not gonna cry about it, either. You know, I was going to write in my diary this morning and then I thought, what am I going to write? Honestly, I'm not gonna be one of those pathetic girls whose world stops spinning because of some guy.
Jenna: Ok, then.
Elena: I'll be fine.

Salvatore Boarding House

Stefan: He's awake. He's weak, but it's probably best to stay out of the basement. He's Damon. I'm not sure how dangerous he still might be.
Zach: You're going to school?
Stefan: Came here to live a life. It's about time I get back to that. And Elena, if she's still speaking to me.
Zach: Why haven't you called her?
Stefan: What am suppose to do, feed her another lie? I hate lying to her, Zach. I'm not good at it. She already thinks I'm hiding something.
Zach: What choice do you have? You came here because you wanted to live as normal a life as you could. You knew this was going to be a part of it.
Forbes Residence