8- "I Don't Deserve to be loved"

Previously On The Vampire Diaries.
Damon: You don't have to kill to feed. Just find someone really tasty and then erase their memory after wards. It's so easy.
Stefan: No, no, no. There's no guarantee that you can control yourself, okay? It takes years to learn that. You could easily kill somebody, and then you have to carry that with you for the rest of your life, which, if I haven't made clear, is eternity.Jeremy: Look, for months after mom and dad died, I felt like crap, like "nothing really even mattered" crap. Now all of a sudden, I get these moments and things started to feel just a little bit better, and Vicki was in every single of 'em. So you may not see it, but trust me. Keeping me away from her is not for the best.Damon: None of this matters to me. None of it. Elena: People die around you. How could it not matter? It matters, and you know it.

 How could it not matter? It matters, and you know it

The pain will past Elena.We are so fucking resilient even when we don't want to be...it's not so easy to shake this mortal coil.

Salvatore Boarding House

[Stefan is asleep in the living room. He wakes up when his book falls from his lap to the floor. He is then aroused by a noise in the house.]

Stefan: Damon?
[He gets up and looks around. He hears further disturbance before he is attacked by a vampire.]

Stefan: Lexi!?
Lexi: Hi.
Stefan: What are you doing here?
Lexi: [hugs him] How could you even ask that?
Stefan: I missed you.
Lexi: Happy Birthday.
[Stefan and Lexi are kidding in Stefan's room.]

Lexi: Stop. I don't know, some freak shot at me with wooden bullets. I bail in under sixty. And why is a news reporter hunting vampires?
Stefan: I don't know who knows about us. That guy did. There could be others. Do me a favor, while you're here, please be careful.
Lexi: Why stay? I'm headed to New York for the weekend. Bon Jovi in the Garden. "Wanted dead or alive", it's our theme song. It'll be a blast.
Stefan: Do you think he would actually remember us? That was a pretty crazy weekend huh?
Lexi: We can make him remember us. Come on! Let's go. I mean, what's keeping you here?
Stefan: I told you, her name is Elena.
Lexi: Let's hope she's better than the last girl you got all sprung over. [holds up a photo of Katherine.]
Stefan: [takes the photo away] You didn't even know Katherine.
Lexi: 'Cause if I did I'd kick her ass. Little bitch. Speaking of...where's Damon?
Stefan: Inflicting misery somewhere. You gonna be okay here alone? 'Cause I got some things I gotta take care of.
Lexi: It's not exactly like I can go anywhere. And you and Damon are the only ones with these nifty little daylight rings. I have a mood ring from '75! Trade ya?
Stefan: Doesn't work that way and you know it.
Lexi: Yeah.
Stefan: Hey Lex. I'm really glad that you came here.
Lexi: What are we doing for your birthday? It's not everyday a guy turns a hundred and sixty-two years old.
Stefan: [groans] Really?
Lexi: Oh yeah.

Sheriff's Office

[Sheriff Forbes is questioning Elena, Stefan, Matt and Jeremy over Vicki's disappearance.]