curious

calling me up, so late at night
are we just friends?
you say you wanted me, but you're sleeping with him
you think of me, I'm what you see
when you look at the sky
i don't believe you
you ain't been loving me right

YN
two years ago

"bro, why can't i fucking see?" i shout over the loud music, a laugh bubbling out of my throat as the soft burn of marijuana fades away.

"because you've had way too much to drink," my best friend laughs, grabbing the roach from my fingers. "not to mention, this is your third blunt."

"that's not true," i pout, crossing my arms over my chest as i look at the brunette. "i had one without you while i was upstairs with that finneas guy."

"i thought finneas didn't smoke," the girl says, raising her eyebrows quizzically at my words. "are you sure you were with finneas?"

"positive," i nod, pulling my phone out of my pocket to show the taller girl the video i'd taken with the ginger man about an hour beforehand.

"you didn't mention the girl," she points at the mysterious girl laughing in the background of my video. "who was that?"

"i'm not sure," i reply, locking my iphone and shoving it into the back pocket of my jeans. "but she could french inhale so good, bro."

"i don't get your obsession with french inhaling," the girl huffs as she looks around the crowded room. "wait, is that her?"

i lift my head and look in the same direction, my lips pouting as i didn't see the head of blue-ish grey hair. "i don't see her."

"see who?" i hear a deeper voice behind me, pulling me out of my deep search for the attractive blue eyed girl.

as i turn around, just the sight of the girl made my knees weak.

"you, actually," i giggle, the corner of my lip pulling between my teeth. "i realized i didn't get your name."

"i actually came over for the same reason," she says, scratching the back of her neck as her lip pulled up in a slight smirk. "i'm billie."

"yn," i reply, a shy smile creeping onto my lips. "i don't meet very many girls named billie."

"i get that a lot," she laughs, her long fingers tucking her dyed hair behind her ear. "i'm gonna roll another blunt if you want to join me."

i look over at my best friend, who's standing with her mouth ajar and her hands on her hips. "can i, mother?" i joke, crossing my arms over my chest.

"bro, you do you," she says with a laugh before shaking her head and looking me in the eye. "but i wanna go home, so either hurry it up or find a ride."

"i'll take her home," billie says quickly, her blue eyes mysterious under the dim lighting of the party. "i'm gonna leave soon anyway."

"if you hurt her, you're dead," she says simply with a shrug before walking away.

"i guess that answers that question." i say with a grin before facing the girl, a hum leaving my lips. "so.. how 'bout that blunt?"