Chapter 9: What are you really?

I am sitting in the car in a park while the Lieutenant and Connor are sitting on a bench nearby.

I get out the car and walk over to them and stand by the bench.

Hank - Friend
Connor - Friend

My focus right now is on mainly on the Lieutenant who seemed to have a lot on him mind (Sorry to do you like that Connor :( )

"Nice view, huh? I used to come here a lot before..." He pauses mid-sentence.

"Before, what?"

"Before...before nothin'."

I turn to completely face him.

"zCan I ask you a personal question, Lieutenant?" "Do all androids ask personal questions or is it just you?" Connor chuckles a bit beside him. I proceeded with my question.

"I saw a photo of a child on your kitchen table. It was your son, right?"

I could see Connor tense up as he looks between and his father, anxiously waiting for his response.

"Yeah. His name was Cole." There was a long moment of silence before I decided to break it.

"We're not making any progress in this investigation." I walk closer to the pillar and look out. "The deviants have nothing in common. They're all different models, produced at different times, in different in places."

"Well there must be some link."

That made me think. "What they have in common is this obsession with RA9. It's almost like some kind of...myth. Something they invented that wasn't in there original program."

"Androids believing in god. F**k, what's this world coming to?"

"You seem troubled, Lieutenant. I didn't think machines could have such an affect on you." He gives me a look and drinks down some of his beer. "What about you, Y/N?"

He stands and walks towards me. "You look human, you sound human. But what are you really?"

I glance between him and Connor. "I'm whatever you two want me to be.-

Hank ^
Connor ^

-Your partner, your buddy to drink with...or just a machine...designed to accomplish a task."

"You could have shot those two girls, but you didn't. Why didn't you shoot, Y/N?" His voice turning hostile as he slightly pushed me back. "Hm? Some scruples suddenly enter your program?"

"...No."

Hank ^^
Connor ^^

"I just decided not to shoot. That's all."

He suddenly pulls out his gun and aims it at my head. "But are you ready to die, Y/N?"

"Dad, what are you doing?!"Connor shoots up but the lieutenant told him to back off.

"I would certainly find it...regrettable to be...interrupted before I can finish this investigation."

Hank ^

"What would happen if I pull this trigger? Hm? Nothing? Oblivion? Android heaven?" He chuckles slightly.

"I doubt there is a heaven for androids." "Having existential doubts, Y/N? Sure your not going deviant too?" "I self-test regularly, I know what I am and what I am not."

His hand holding the gun starts to tremble a little before he lowers in and walks away.

"Where are you going" "To get drunker. I need to think." he walks off.

Connor slowly walks towards me with a worried look. "Y/N? Are you alright" He snaps me out of my daze. I look at him and somehow fumble over my words, unsure.

"I...I don't know." He gives me a sad smile before gently taking my hand in his and bringing me over to the bench.

He took a seat next to me and put his arm around my shoulders, bringing me closer.

I was confused at first but soon started to enjoy the feeling and leaned my head on his shoulder, soon enough he laid his head on mine and we just sat there enjoying the view. No words were needed.

Connor - Warm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry this chapter is short it's just I ran out of ideas and I was writing this late at night so yeah😔😴