Chapter 11: Elijah Kamski

Me and Connor were sitting in the car in front of Elijah Kamski's house while the lieutenant was on the phone with someone.

I opened my eyes as I had just got finished making a report to Cyberlife. I notice the lieutenant get off the phone and had a distant look on his face. Connor seemed to notice too as he exited the car, me following behind.

"Is everything alright, lieutenant?" "Chris was on patrol last night. He was attacked by a bunch of deviants. He said he was saved by Markus himself." I looked at him in surprise but Connor didn't seem to be. I guess it makes sense. Markus wants to bring peace not a civil war.

"Is he okay?" He nodded. "Yeah, he's in shock, but he's alive."

We started walking to the door.

"How did you find Kamski?" Connor asked. "I remember this guy was all over the media when Cyberlife started selling androids. I made a few calls, here we are." He rang the doorbell and a female android answers the door.

"Hi, uh. I'm Lieutenant Hank Anderson, Detroit Police Department. We're here to see Mr. Elijah Kamski." "Please, come in." She smile gently and let's us inside.

"I'll let Elijah know you're here. But please, make yourselves comfortable." She walks away leaving us in the room.

"Nice girl." Lieutenant spoke breaking the silence. "Your right." I agreed. "She's really pretty." Connor added. For some reason him saying that brought an unknown and...unpleasant feeling to my chest. What he said was true, but it somehow bothered me.

I push the feeling and thoughts aside and decided to look around. "Nice place. Guess androids haven't been a bad thing for everybody." Lieutenant spoke.

"Your about to meet your maker, Y/N. How does it feel?" Connor asked. I took a moment to think about it. "Kamski is one of the great geniuses of the 21st century. I'll be interesting to meet him in person." "Sometimes I wish I could meet my maker face to face. I'd have a couple of things I'd wanna say to him."

I looked at the wall and saw a old photo of Kamski and...Amanda? I analyzed the picture.

STERN, AMANDA

A1 Professor at university of Colbridge

Born: 05/14/87 - Died: 02/23/27

The door opened and the girl from before stepped in. "Elijah will see you now."

We follow her into the room and was met with a large pool with...red water?

"Mr. Kamski?"

"Just a moment, please."

He finished up his laps then climbed out of the pool. The girl from before helped him into his robe as he fixed his hair.

Once he was done he faced us.

"I'm Lieutenant Anderson. He's Detective Anderson and this is Y/N." He glanced at me before speaking. "What can I do for you gentlemen?"

"Sir, we're investigating deviants. I know you left Cyberlife years ago but, we're were hoping you'd be able to tell us something we don't know." There was a long pause before I see him glance at me again.

"Deviants. Fascinating aren't they? Perfect beings with infinite intelligence, now they have free will. Machines are so superior to us, confrontation was inevitable. Humanity's greatest achievement threatens to be its downfall. Isn't ironic?"

Not getting anywhere, I decided to get to the point.

"We need to understand how androids become deviants. Do you know anything that could help us?"