Chapter 13: Off the case

I was back at the Zen Garden and snow was falling.

I walked straight up to Amanda who was standing in the middle of a clearing, waiting.

Amanda - Neutral

She had a stern, disapproving look.

"After what happened today, the country is in the verge of a civil war. The machines are rising up against their masters. Humans have no choice but to destroy them."

"I thought Kamski knew something. I was wrong..."

"Maybe he did, but you choose not to ask."

Amanda v

"I choose not to play his twisted little game! There was no reason to kill that android!"

Software Instability ^

Amanda v

"I saw a photo of Amanda at Kamski's place. She was his teacher."

"When Kamski designed me, he wanted an interface that would look familiar. That's why he choose his former mentor. What are you getting at?"

I just knew. I knew she was hiding something.

"You didn't tell me everything you knew about deviants, did you?"

Software Instability ^

"I expect you to find answers. Not ask questions."

Amanda v

"You are the only one who can prevent a civil war. Find the deviants or there will be chaos."

I close my eyes and tried to leave but she said one more thing.

"And I think you might want to stop all this 'friendliness' with Detective Anderson. He is only distracting you. Focus, Y/N. This is your last chance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Your off the case. The FBI is taking over."

"What?! But we're onto something!" The Lieutenant protested.

"We just need more time. I'm sure we can-"

"You don't get it. This isn't just another investigation, it's a f**king civil war! It's out of our hands now. We're talking about national security here."

"F**k that! You can't just pull the plug now.  Not when we're so close!"

"Your always saying you can't stand androids! Jesus, Hank make up your mind! I'd thought you'd be happy about that!"

"We're about to crack the case! I know we can solve it!"- Connor

"There's nothing I can do. Your back on homicides and the android returns to Cyberlife." He glances at me. I felt like I couldn't do anything but look at the ground.

"I'm sorry, but it's over."

There was nothing left to say. The Lieutenant walks out, Connor following behind.

I opened my mouth to speak. At least a 'Have a good day, Captain', but nothing comes out.

I just close it and give a slight nod before walking out, closing the door.