Chapter 18

Warning: some graphic gore in this chapter, just as a heads up.
I also want to thank all the people that have been leaving lovely comments on my story, as they have really helped me continue and not give up on it. There were some times where I thought I wasn't good enough, but these comments always made me happy to continue. So thank you, you are all amazing :)

Bill let out an echoing laugh, rising higher into the air in a flash of blue and gold. Dipper watched as he stretched his arms and legs out wide.

"Three-dimensional form? Don't mind if I do!" The demon's body suddenly changed into 3D, glowing brightly.

The world was changing around them all as the tear in the sky grew larger. Freak weather was churning around them, animals were growing extra limbs and heads, buildings were standing on their own two feet and pulling up trees. The sky changed into a mix of reds, oranges and yellows as fire erupted in the forest, swallowing the ground whole. All the monsters he had ever studied were coming into the open – the borders had been broken as reality itself shifted. He heard screams of terror erupting from the town and found that it didn't move him. He didn't see any worth in the lives that were being ruined. They didn't fully deserve it, no – but they also didn't deserve to be saved.

"It's beautiful! And I haven't even got started yet!" Bill cried out happily. His eye suddenly shifted downwards, and he shouted in a low growl, "Where do you think you're going?"

Dipper quickly followed his gaze, and found the people he once called family making a dash for the shack.

"Not happening." Dipper muttered, and with a snap of his fingers that were surrounded in a ring of his fire that climbed higher and higher into the sky. They span around, staring up at him.

"Dipper please!" Mabel pleaded. Dipper found himself laughing at the attempt, wiping a tear from his eye. It really was too late – after all she'd done she thought that an apology would fix everything. How naïve.

"Checking out early?" Bill floated down to them and Dipper followed. The demon laughed. "But you don't have permission!"

"Bill, leave my family out of this!" Ford yelled over the flames. Dipper couldn't help but roles his eyes – even now, in the face of death, his voice still held that arrogance that he always loathed. "This is just between you and me!"

"Oh it is! I don't care what happens to your family!" Bill replied, eye glinting. "But it's not just me that's having a say in this, is it?"

All attention was turned to Dipper, who pretended to think. He scanned over all their faces – Mabel's large-eyed look, Ford's determination, and Stan's hopelessness etched in every wrinkle. Dipper found that he couldn't look at the heartbreak on his face for too long. Did he really care about him, even now?

It didn't matter, his decision was already made, and he wasn't going to change it.

"Hmm..." Dipper stared directly into Ford's narrowed eyes with a smile. "I want them dead."

"Brilliant!" Bill clapped his hands together in a business-like fashion, rubbing them together. "Then I'm afraid they're going to have to go Sixter!"

Taking Dipper by surprise, Ford suddenly jumped through the flames and made a mad dash to the shack. Dipper didn't move, but watched him go.

"Do you want to deal with that?" He asked the triangle. Bill shrugged.

"You can do it if you like. I don't need him." He answered. With a grin, Dipper nodded and let himself fall to the ground.

"Dipper..." Stan muttered as he walked past, but he paid them no mind.

With a snap of his fingers, the door swung open, revealing the author he once admired flicking through his journals frantically. He looked up sharply when the door banged, eyes widening in surprise.