07| Welcome To India

15th August 2017

15th August 2017

P R E E T I

"Wanna know a secret?"

Seriously Preeti? What a topic change!

"Sure", he said and his smile brightened.

Should I tell him? Will he treat me a bit differently if he knew?

Hundreds of questions swarmed around in my head. Why was I going to tell him again? Oh yeah because my stupid brain could not find any other topic to talk about and I couldn't tolerate to see him sad and gloomy. I took a deep breath and let it out.

"My full name is actually Preeti Das Durand. My mother is an Indian and my Father is French", I said and looked at him to see his expression. He looked a bit taken aback.

"Are you, I mean... Peter Durand's daughter?"

"Yup" I gave him an awkward smile. Hopefully he won't freak out or something, like Abhishek did when I told him.

"That's cool. So, you are half-Indian, half-French. That explains how you can fluently speak French."

"Bien sur."

He chuckled and simultaneously brought his right hand to his mouth as if trying to partially hide it.

Sweet.

Shut up Preeti! He's just an acquaintance.

"I didn't know that you would be living around here."

I shrugged.

"Dad wanted me to grow up in India so I could be more like Mom. He just wanted me to have a normal life without any media attention. Most people don't know about my dad except Aisha, Abhinav and Abhishek."

"That's actually a good idea. You can always be what you want to be without the media judging you. When does your father come to visit you?"

"Every 2 months. He stays for a week and goes back to Paris.", I said and instantly the thought of moving to Paris struck me.

Perhaps noticing my sudden change of mood, he asked, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. Well actually I'm moving to Paris by the end of this month so- ", I stopped mid-way. I just blurted out that I'm moving to Paris to a complete stranger. Well not a complete stranger.

I know his name's Luka and he's my age, living in Paris, loves Jagged Stone's music, is hot.

Wait, not again!

I was mentally facepalming due to my stupidity.

"Woah. That's nice I mean, uh- "

He clearly was having difficulty in picking the right words to say.