Chapter Two: Revelations

Any time to unwind is every FBI agent's favorite time of the week. Everyone from the team was at a bar having fun, minus Gideon. Bars didn't seem to interest him, but everyone else was there, Hotch even brought Haley. Morgan was letting loose on the dance floor, currently accompanied by three beautiful women. Garcia was watching him dance intently, sipping on her drink in a sort of daze. Emily, Hotch, and Haley were chatting at one of the small tables and sipping on their respective drinks. JJ was throwing darts with a few guys, practically showing them up with her aim. Y/N watched as Hotch took Haley by the hand to the dance floor from where she was sitting, playing a drinking game with Grant and Spencer, or more accurately, they were geeking out over some movie and she was in the middle of daydreaming.

She didn't quite get the chance to get to know Emily Prentiss yet since she just joined the team a few weeks back, promptly taking Elle's place. Elle had to leave, but Emily seemed extremely capable and Y/N heard she could speak many languages. Grant had been the one assigned to take Elle home and left instead of staying with her. He had no idea that the unsub would be in her home. After she'd gotten shot, Grant was absolutely devastated and Hotch made sure to chew him out. Hotch had been keeping a close eye on Grant ever since the incident and has basically been on his ass ever since.

She tuned back into the conversation as she heard her fiancé question Spencer's memory.

"Ask me any, any question." Spencer emphasized confidently.

"Return to Tomorrow." Anderson challenged.

"Return to Tomorrow, season two, production number 51, an alien entity, Sargon, takes over Kirk's body while two others take over Spock and Dr. Mulhall." He said, matter-of-factly.

"Alien races appearing?" Anderson questions.

"Trick question. A race is never identified, Sargon is a disembodied mind." Spencer answered smugly.

"And the Dr. McCoy quote?" Anderson went on and Spencer finally hesitated as he racked his brain for the answer. Y/N's eyes lit up in anticipation, it's not that she wanted Spencer to fail, it was truly a rare occurrence for Spencer not to remember something, and she has yet to witness such an occurrence.

"5...4...3...2..." Y/N counted down, but Spencer's eyes lit up again and she reveled in his excitement for a moment.

"I will not peddle flesh, I'm a physician. Drink!" He exclaimed with a satisfied expression.

"You are incredible, Dr. Reid." She mused at him, before gulping down her drink. Spencer smirked at her, feeling extreme contentment under her gaze.

Anderson missed the moment between them because he was whisked away by Hotch, no doubt telling him that he needed him to go back to the office to pick up some files he left. He came back to the table and said his goodbyes, placing a kiss to Y/N's cheek, which made Spencer shrink into himself slightly.

"Are you alright?" Spencer asked her as soon as Anderson left.

"Yeah, of course. Why wouldn't I be?" Y/N avoided his gaze as she switched to her other drink, swirling her straw around the ice cubes before taking a sip.

"I don't know, you've been kind of out of it since we got here. You've barely interrogated me tonight." He attempted to joke, but her smile never met her eyes.

What was she supposed to tell him? Was she supposed to tell him how badly she wanted her fiancé to dance with her? Was she supposed to tell him that she envied Haley for having such a loving husband? Or maybe she was supposed to tell him how pretty she thought his hazel eyes were. Or maybe she should just let him know how on edge it makes her feel when the three of them were together.