love's reality

Adrien P.O.V.

After Plagg had transformed me I jumped up on the nearest building. I looked back to see the car I had escaped from that held a very upset and confused Natalie. 

I felt bad, Natalie is the only person that really takes care of me. I can tell her admiration for me has grown over the years just like mine has for her. 

I stood there watching how it was playing out. Natalie had gotten out of the car, and walked around to the spot I had run to. I watched as she kneeled down in the spot I transformed in and put her face in her hands.

Natalie was.. crying?

A wave of guilt swept over me.

Did she really care that much? 

After a while of watching her crying (and debating on whether or not he should go talk to her or try to cheer her up), Natalie looked up and saw that I was watching her. 

My eyes widened as we made eye contact. 

'Time to go' I thought. 

The first couple steps were the most painful. My stiff ankle was swollen so much that it was basically the size of a tennis ball. 

I winced as I ran but I pushed on because I knew that in a couple minutes, I would see her again. 

'Just a few more steps' I told myself all the way to her house. 

By the time I had reached Marinette's I was in so much pain that I just collapsed on her balcony. My vision was getting blurry and my body refused to move. 

"Princess.." I managed to call out before everything faded to black. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up laying on Marinette's bed with a very beautiful but worried girl sitting next to me. The frosty chill of ice was on my ankle and I could feel it, even through my suit. 

"Marinette I"

"Shhh don't try to talk. You've been out for a while."

"How long is a while?" I asked gently as the thought of missing my photoshoot circulated my mind. 

"An hour or so. It's about 1:10." 

Nononononono. I had missed the shoot. What was my father going to do to me now?

 Marinette handed me a cup of water and a couple pain killers. "Here take these. It'll help with the pain." 

"Thank you Princess, you really are too kind."

I handed her the now empty cup. 

"Aren't your parents worried about you?" she asked me.

"It's complicated..."

"I have time." 

"Well you see.. I live in a very complicated family. My father's reputation has a strong hold of me. I'm not allowed to do certain things or say what I want to say. I know he loves me but.. sometimes I wonder..

 We ended up getting in a really big fight last night and that's why I ended up at your house. I doubt he even cares that I'm gone right now." 

Marinette looked at me with concerned eyes. 

"I'm sure he loves you so much Chat." 

"It doesn't always feel that way. I only feel free to be myself when I have the mask on. Chat Noir is a personality I can explore and use however I want but Ad- I mean my civilian form is nothing but a silent clone of my father."

"The fact that you feel this way just proves that you aren't like him Chat. You're the savior of Paris! So even if your father doesn't always show that he loves you, everyone else does."

"Including you?" I asked looking up at her.

"Including me."

My heart started to pound as I watched her lift her hand up next to my head and scratch behind my cat ears. 

'Oh no..' I thought. 'Here it comes...'

I couldn't help myself from letting out a small purr. 

Physical affection felt amazing, and I wasn't used to it. 

Marinette looked shocked as she processed what just happened. 

"Did you just... purr?" 

My face instantly heated up. 

"Ummmm.... no." I tried to play it off. "I think it was just my stomach grumbling." 

"That was most definitely a purr Chat Noir" she lifted her hand up again and my eyes got wide. 

"Sorry... The only bad side of being a cat superhero. You get all the cat tendencies and instincts." 

"It's soooooo cute!!!!!" she smiled so big and started to scratch again. "I didn't know that you did that! What else can you do?" 

"Well.. my powers also help me see in the dark. I also have a really good sense of smell and hearing when I'm transformed. If Ladybug ever found out I think I would die of embarrassment."

"Ladybug doesn't have ladybug like tendencies?" she asked.

"What even are Ladybug like tendencies Princess?" We shared a laugh. 

"They might be embarrassing but I'm sure they can help with battles. Certain things like seeing in the dark and hearing things well must be useful." Marinette said as she continued to scratch. She started to move her hand around my head and found a spot that sent chills down my body. I purred so loud. 

Marinette giggled as she realized she'd found a good spot.

"You really are just like a little kitty aren't you?"

I blushed. "Actually I like to think of a knight in a shiny black cat suit. That sounds a little more man-ly then a kitten." I said as I winked at her. 

Our eyes met and I finally noticed the tension between us. 

Marinette P.O.V.

Chat Noir could actually purr! I thought my heart was going to melt into a puddle of goo right there. 

Chat seemed so.. hopeless. I wanted to do everything I could to make him feel better. 

Our eyes met and my stomach did flip flops.

Why was I feeling this way about him? I was in love with Adrien. 
Adrien.... The boy who had rejected me. He doesn't love me. 

A million thoughts swam in my head as I was trying to identify my feelings. 

I couldn't be in love with Chat Noir...... 

Could I?

Adrien P.O.V.

Marinette Dupain-Cheng. My classmate, friend, and a talented girl. 

I knew I felt something for her but I didn't know that it was this strong. 

There was a moment of silence between us as we gazed into each others eyes. Her bluebell eyes. 

Bluebell eyes..... 

The same as someone else I know. 

I don't know if it was the heat of the moment, the fact that Marinette was reminding me of Ladybug, or if I was in love with my class mate. But whatever the reason was, I slowly reached my hand up, tucked some hair behind her ear, 

and leaned in to kiss her. 

Hey so I just logged into Wattpad for the first time in like 2 years and this was in my drafts so I thought I should just finish it and post it. Sorry about the wait! My bad lol