Chapter Fourteen

I was shaking all over

I was shaking all over. I wanted to scream. My God, Brad was the best date ever! I was so happy and nervous and ecstatic all over. He kissed me. We kissed. I felt him. Oh, my God.

We walked out of that dark place and as we did we heard a strange thump.

"What was that?" I asked looking behind me, but I could barely see a thing. I thought I had heard something in the bushes, but then everything went silent, so I didn't know. Brad turned around and stared into the darkness. He frowned looking at something, apparently, he did see something that I could not.

"Brad?" I asked him.

"What is that?" He said, but he seemed to be talking to himself.

"Brad, let's get out of here. I don't like it," I told him and grabbed his hand. Brad nodded and turned around. Something however pulled him away from me with force. A strange creature, in dark, pulled his leg and dragged him across the sidewalk. He bit on Brad over the ankle and he screamed. So did I.

"Help us, somebody help us," I screamed. Brad kicked the man or the animal and it roared like a wild beast. I was so desperate and I didn't know what to do. I opened the leftovers and tossed them at the creature. The creature let him go and grabbed the pizzas. Then, he disappeared and Brad immediately got up from the ground and ran to me fast, pulling me away from there.

"What the hell was that?" He said, but I didn't answer because what did I know. He was limping as he took me away from there.

"We have to call the police. We have to tell someone," he said. He pulled his cellphone out of his jacket and called the police.

"What are you doing Brad? You're not going back there, are you?" I asked panicked. I was still trying to figure out what happened.

"Brad? Brad, you're bleeding," I said pointing at his leg. Brad didn't listen to me because someone answered the phone and he was reporting the incident.

"Some guy just bit me. I can't. I didn't see him, he took off," Brad said.

"It looked like an animal. Maybe an ape or something," I offered. Brad waved at me to wait and not talk. I got the message and didn't say anything until he finished.

"My girlfriend saw him, she says it's an ape," he said and then after a period of silence, he seemed to lose his patience over the phone.

" I'm telling you, you have a dangerous animal on the loose. Might be a zoo animal. I have to go to the doctor," Brad said and hung up. Then, he wailed in pain. I was crying.

"Oh, don't cry for me hon, I'm fine. I swear," he said.

"I'm calling my mom," I told him and called my mom on my cell phone. Minutes later she came and picked us up and took us to the hospital. Brad's leg was badly bleeding and it was scaring me. I didn't know if he was losing a lot of blood, but I feared the worst. His face was going pale and he was sweating and heaving.