Chapter Thirty Two

I couldn't wait for Tamara at my house so, I walked a few blocks and Tamara picked me up

I couldn't wait for Tamara at my house so, I walked a few blocks and Tamara picked me up. I got into her van and we left the area.

"If my mom finds out that I took her van in the middle of the night, she's going to kill me," she said.

"Sorry, but this is an emergency."

"So, what's going on? Is it drugs?" She asked me. I shook my head.

"No, my boyfriend's turned into a werewolf," I said. Tamara laughed.

"Nice one, but seriously, what's going on?"

"I already told you, Brad's a werewolf," I said.

"Okay, fine, don't tell me."

"There's a werewolf hunter dressed up as a cop looking for him. Do you remember the Halloween party, the bear? Well, it's not a bear, it's a werewolf," I said.

"Yeah, okay," she replied still not believing me.

"Tamara, remember when Brad called me from Valor Park and needed clothes?" I said.

"Yeah, I remember, he was mugged," she replied as she drove on.

"No, he had turned into a werewolf during that full moon and ripped his clothes off during his transformation. That's why he was half naked, but unharmed."

"So you're saying that Brad's a werewolf... umm... okay, cool... I guess."

"This isn't a game Tamara."

"Okay, I believe you, your boyfriend's a werewolf, so why are you saving him, I mean after all, he did eat a bunch of people," she said.

"It wasn't him, it was this other werewolf, ugh," I said frustrated and then I told her the story about Patrick in the store. We drove and drove for hours, looking at patrol cars, seeing if there was anything suspicious, but we couldn't find a thing. The night was already leaving us and the full moon was disappearing from the sky. Now there was a pink dash of ink on the sky and the sun was rising up, showing it's brilliant face.

"So, where are we going?" Tamara asked and then she yawned. She was as tired as I was.

"We need to find that patrol car. It could be anywhere," I said.

"Maybe we can go to Patrick's again?"

"No. He moved out. He won't be there. Maybe..." I said and then I got to thinking.

"Look Natalie, I like your boyfriend and all, but maybe you should... I don't know date someone with lesser problems or at least someone who... well, you know isn't a werewolf," she said.

"Valor Park," I told her.

"What?"

"Valor Park, get over there, now," I said. We reached the baseball park a few minutes later. I remembered that I had kissed Brad nearby the trees, the first time we were on our date and I also remembered that in this area was where he was first bitten. If there was a special place for him, this was it.