Chapter Nineteen

Brad reached my house at six

Brad reached my house at six. It was still light out, but since the party was at seven we wanted to be on schedule, so he picked me up an hour early. When I walked down the staircase my mom's eyes watered. She got very emotional.

"Mom," I said, but she said she couldn't help herself.

"You look so beautiful! Like a princess," She said. Brad looked lavishing with his black dark cape, his black mask, his sword and his boots. His curtained blond hair was pushed back and he had a plastic rose on his hand. God, he looked sexy. My mom waved air at herself when we posed together for a picture.

"Okay, smile. Cheese," she told us.

"Cheese," we repeated and she took the shot several times. I checked her cell phone. We really did look impressive.

"Baby, I love you so much, take care. Have a good time. Thank you for taking her to the dance Brad," my mom said.

"Of course Mrs. Connor," he said mentioning my mom's last name. My mom had changed her name from Connor to Peterson when she married and then she rechanged it back to Connor when she divorced my father. She said it was like gaining her identity back. I had no idea what she meant back then, but maybe I had a slight idea now. Love changed everything.

We went to Tamara's house because we were going to double date. Preston looked a little funny trying to imitate Dicaprio with his set of black curls, but Tamara looked outstanding with her Juliet outfit. The both of us screamed excited.

"Ah! Oh my God. Tamara, you look amazing."

"Natalie, shut up! You are a goddamn queen. Where the hell did you get that outfit from?"

"It's from the Phantom of the Opera," I said.

"Wow, I thought it was zorro, but still incredible," she said.

"Well, let's go then," I said.

Preston was driving Diana's car. Diana, Tamara's mom, told us to take care of her van.

"Will do," Preston said. Brad and I sat on the back, Tamara sat on the passenger's side and we were off. I began to kiss Brad as usual, but felt him strange, like if he was avoiding me.

"Are you okay?" I asked him. He moved a foot away from me and grabbed his stomach.

"I don't know Natalie. I'm not feeling very well," he said.

"What's the matter?" I asked, but he didn't tell me.

"Could you stop the car?" He asked Preston. Preston did and Brad got out of car and belched in pain.

"Brad?" I asked. He started to cough and cough and then it looked like he was throwing up.

"Brad what's the matter?" I asked him. Brad walked away from me and headed to a store. He held himself on a column and coughed again.