05.5; J-Mart with Shoji

—you've unlocked a special chapter, congratulations!

     ( Name ) knows that she should be sleeping right now, but that isn't stopping her

     ( Name ) knows that she should be sleeping right now, but that isn't stopping her. Something that is stopping her though? Procrastination. Yeah, when the sun was actually still out, ( Name ) had meant to be going to her local J-Mart™ to buy snacks for the daycare.

( They only really ate snacks in general there, but you didn't hear that from me. )

But no, she had sat in bed avoiding her problems for six hours, and now it was eleven o' clock, and the daycare still didn't have applesauce or spaghettios.

There was zero way she was going to J-Mart™ alone when it could be so chaotic at this hour. Especially since Rin and Ryuu had checked out a while ago.

So what else is there to do? Text the 1-A group chat of course!

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━1-A━☂

defaultusername

yoo, anyone awake right now

respect the limbs karen

( Name ), I believe everyone else is asleep, as you should be too.

Please go to bed.

defaultusername

then why are you awake shoji 👀

respect the limbs karen

It's difficult to sleep at night with my quirk.

defaultusername

L 😔

n E ways

wanna come to j-mart with me

respect the limbs karen

Why would you need to buy groceries at this hour.

defaultusername

you don't wanna know

respect the limbs karen

....

defaultusername

👉👈

respect the limbs karen

I suppose. I will see you there

defaultusername

hell yuh

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━J-Mart━☂

     A sleep deprived medium and an octopus walk into a store. That's it.

No, but they are here now. Currently they stand in in the soup isle. Why? Because this is where the spaghettios are, and you bet that half of this cart is going to be full of spaghettios. Shoji stares down at ( Name ) who is just dumping spaghettios into the cart.

"Why exactly are you buying this sort of food so late at night?" he asks.

"Well, it's a bit of a complicated tale but I suppose you can have the honor of hearing it," she starts, voice much more regal sounding than it should for her current situation.

"I was basically just a procrastinating mackerel the whole afternoon and instead of buying food for the daycare, I sat in bed. So here I am now," Shoji begins to speak, but she interrupts once more. A hoe waits for no man to talk.

"Where do you think the fruit snacks are?" ( Name ) questions, pushing the cart at a high speed towards the opposite isle. Shoji catches up easily.

"You live in a daycare?"

( Name ) nods, pushing her cart into an isle full of cleaning supplies and snacks. Usually she would question it, but the voice in her head screams nothing but talk of pasta and bug juice.

"My mom basically just made our house into a daycare, but we still live in it," The many-limbed man nods at the statement, grabbing fruit snacks off the top shelf.

Hell yeah, this is husband material.

 ( Name ) gasps and whirls around to look at him. "Bro, can I sit in the shopping cart while you lift it up and walk around,"

He blinks, "I have a feeling we'd get kicked out of the store,"

"No one is here except underpaid employees and a homeless man in the women's bathroom. We're fine,"

She doesn't wait for an answer, simply climbing her way into the shopping cart and waiting patiently.

Shoji sighs and lifts up the shopping cart as ( Name ) points towards the freezer section. 

"Lunchables and go-gurts,"

A nyoom sound effect is made as they stomp over, and Shoji is extremely certain it did not come from him.

As ( Name ) picks up two boxes of go-gurt, she turns to look at Shoji. "As a woman of a large vocabulary, I have many unsettling threats to give. Would you like some?"

Shoji's first instinct is to say no, but the chaotic neutral buried deep inside of him talks before he gets the chance. "Yes,"

( Name ) cracks a grin more dangerous than Mina on a sugar high and begins to speak at high rates unknown to even Midoriya.

"I will milk your spleen,"

"I will pour cement into your ears,"

"I will fill your sinuses with urine,"

"You are the cause of all entropy,"

"The last one isn't much of an insult," He says, interrupting her rant as she sighs.

Tumbling out of the cart as they begin to reach the cash register, she responds, "It does get people thinking though. My grandma died two days after I said that to her,"

Shoji simply hums, as if he can relate.

They begin to check out, Shoji's multiple limbs causing the process to go at a much faster pace than ( Name ) would ever expect. The total ends up being around five thousand yen and she pays with small amounts of regret. Mostly because she's broke and that was birthday money. But oh well.

As they walked out, Shoji offered to walk her home like the gentleman he is. Accepting the offer, they walked back in silence, Shoji simply thinking while ( Name ) recited the alphabet twenty five times in her head. 

Once they got to the front of her house, she turned to give Shoji a bro hug.

Damn, he's actually the hug MASTER—

Of course, to ruin something that could be a peaceful moment, she mumbled something one should never mumble when hugging someone.

"ᴵ ᵃˡʷᵃʸˢ ᵏⁿᵉʷ ʸᵒᵘ ʷᵒᵘˡᵈ ᵈⁱᵉ ⁱⁿ ᵐʸ ᵃʳᵐˢ,"

END BONUS CHAPTER