Hanahaki (KuroKen)

A/N: Thank you for 40+ reads!! honestly thought nobody would read this lol. I find writing these stories really fun and I'm glad that I could share them! Thank you again!! <3 Enjoy the story!

TW: Blood, Angst, coughing, hospitals

6/2022 update: This is one of my favorite stories that I wrote I'm glad I'm fixing it up

Kuroo's POV

"Hey Kenma I have a question." Kenma looked up at his game at Kuroo. Kuroo had invited himself to Kenma's house without much warning, not that Kenma minded, and was now just sitting next to him while he played.

"What's up?"

"Do you have a crush on anyone?"

"Yea, I do." Kenma said. He does? who is it?

"Well, are you gonna tell me who it is?" He nudged Kenma's shoulder in a teasing manner

"Do you remember the team we played in the practice match?"

"Karasuno right?" oh no..

"Yea. Well, I have a crush on number ten, Shōyō Hinata. I think." Kenma said blatantly

"You- you think?"

"I'm pretty sure at least.  We talk a lot over the phone and sometimes he comes over to play video games. It's really fun hanging out with him. I always feel like I want to spend more time with him."

"oh...I see..." Kuroo said quietly. well shit, there goes my dreams...

"..is there a problem with that Kuroo?"

"ah- no! I was just thinking...we have another practice match against Karasuno in a couple of weeks, don't let your little crush fill your head to the point where you won't be playing well! haha." Kuroo said, scratching his head.

"Mhm, I won't, don't worry." Kenma continued playing his game. It's clear he doesn't really want to talk, I'll just leave. Kuroo stood up to leave.  "Kuroo?"

He turned around at Kenma, who playing his game and was staring right at him. "Yea?"

"Just so you know, you can tell me anything. And I mean it, anything." Kenma said without breaking eye contact.

"Of course I know that, but ok thanks.  Well, see you later Kenma!" Kuroo ran off back to his house as quickly as possible. He got into his house and close the door as fast as he can. He took a sigh a relief. He walked upstairs to the bathroom and look at himself in the mirror. He had tears streaming down his face.

"DAMMIT" He punched the sink as he started sobbing. What am I going to do now. I am madly in love Kenma....but he doesn't love me back... Suddenly, Kuroo went into a coughing fit. He covered his mouth with his hand, when he was done, he look down at his hand. In his palm, there was a small, red, flower petal. "What-WHAT IS THIS????" He examined the petal even more. He saw that there was a little bit a blood near the end. He touched it ever so slightly. "..it's fresh...soft.." He took the petal to his room and sat down at his desk. He turned on his computer to google.

Why am I coughing up flower petals?

Results:

Hanahaki Disease (花吐き病 (Japanese); 하나하키병 (Korean); 花吐病 (Chinese)) is a disease where the victim of unrequited or one-sided love begins to vomit or cough up the petals and flowers of a flowering plant growing in their lungs, which will eventually grow large enough to render breathing impossible if left untreated.

"Hanahaki...huh? He looked at the petal once again. Do I...really have hanahaki? "Am I...going to die?" He got up from his desk and laid down on his bed. "ha....." He curled up and slowly fell asleep.