Nightmare(Bokuaka)

A/N: Thank you for 230+ reads!! This is gonna be a Bokuaka fluff cause I'm still hurt from reading In Another Life ;-; This is gonna be based off a theory that has been circling around that Haikyuu is the "Another life" that Bokuto wanted to meet Akaashi in, where he wouldn't be sick. I kinda expanded on that idea which you will see in this fic. Enjoy!! Sorry for not getting this out on time (Once a week) lack of motivation ;-; Thank you for reading! <3

A/N (Again) This will contain spoilers of In Another life, but the spoilers are hard to understand if you haven't read it so-

6/2022 update: holy shit I forgot how like- hurt I was from in another life lol. What was with the Haikyuu fandom and making some of the most heart wrenching stories ever?

Akaashi's POV

"Akaashii!! Akaashii!!" Someone was shaking his shoulder, saying his name. Huh? Who's saying that?

"Akaashiiii!! Wake uppp pleasee...pleasee...Akaashi....." The voice got quieter, seeming to give up. The shaking on his shoulder slowed.

The voice started pleading..quietly, in almost a whisper, "Please..Akaashi..wake up..please." The voice started to break, struggling to keep a steady tone. By now, Akaashi was fully awake. He turned his body to face Bokuto, who was sitting up in the bed, his hands on his shoulder, tears dripping out of his eyes.

Akaashi quickly sat up and grabbed Bokuto's hand gently, "Bokuto, what's wrong?" He cupped Bokuto's cheek in his hand and rubbed small circles with his thumb.

"..Agaaashiii.....I had a nightmare..." 

Akaashi pulled Bokuto closer to him, "It's ok, the nightmare is over. Do you want to talk about what is was like?"

Bokuto grabbed the fabric of Akaashi's shirt, "Well....in-in the dream...I walking down a hallway, and I bumped into you...you just kinda ignored me...so I talked to you. I don't remember what the conversation was about but I ended up with your phone number by the time you walked away. I remember being really tired in the dream...like...REALLY REALLY tired..and then...I started seeing things....seeing things you weren't seeing....and then..sometimes..you would disappear too..and..there was snow...it was so pretty, but I remember I was crying...and you were just watching me...you seemed...at lost for words...I don't know why though. Then..then...at the end of the dream...you were sitting on your bed, alone, with the blue blanket around you, and you were crying, a lot and I tried to talk to you, but you couldn't hear me, you just kept crying...I stared screaming your name 'AKAASHI AKAASHI' but you wouldn't even turn your head towards me...you just kept crying....and then I started crying...cause...cause you were crying...and then I woke up..crying...and I wanted to see if you were ok...."

Akaashi stroked the white and black hair of the taller male, "Bokuto look at me." He looked up at Akaashi, his eyes all red from crying. Akaashi gave him a small smile and kissed him on the forehead, "I'm right here. And I won't disappear. I hear you. And I'm ok. You're ok. It was just a dream ok?" He grabbed a tissue from the beside and gave it to Bokuto so he could blow his nose.

Bokuto sniffed, "ok.."

"Do you want to go back to sleep now?" Bokuto nodded. "Ok." Akaashi laid back down, pulling Bokuto down with him. Bokuto nuzzled his head into Akaashi's neck and closed his eyes, falling back asleep in seconds. Akaashi rested his head on Bokuto's soft hair, and fell asleep moments later.

~~~

"Akaashi!!!! Wakkeeee uppppp!!!" Akaashi opened his eyes to see Bokuto standing beside the bed. He was wearing a grey T-shirt and had a towel around his neck. His hair was down, the black and white strands entangled. In his hands was a tray, with two plates of waffles on it. Holy shit. He looks H O T. Akaashi felt his face warm, seeing the sight in front of him.