𝟖. 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐞 𝐛𝐮𝐢𝐥𝐭, 𝐰𝐞 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞 𝐢𝐭

nowadays in relationships, it's normal to think of the decline in any relationship whether it's in the same town or long distance. technology can only do so much but it can't always save relationships from dying. and that's the case for ichigo kurosaki and souta hoshigaki, and it has been going on for some time now. for instance, every time souta makes a plan to come to see ichigo, ichigo always finds an excuse ranging from "oh, i forgot we were supposed to meet today" to souta's new favorite excuse "i'll make it up to you next time.". souta does understand to a certain extent what being a substitute shinigami means to ichigo, but a part of him selfishly wishes that ichigo would put him first even though he knows it'll never happen, not in this lifetime or the next one and beyond. souta has spent many nights wide awake stressed because the one person he wants to talk to is ignoring him. yet, ichigo just wouldn't leave his mind. as for ichigo, souta means the world to him just like everyone else in his life but lately, he's starting to regret getting into the relationship if he knew it was going to be so many problems in them. he does love souta, and his group of friends knows it even if ichigo shows it in his weird little way. there were a few times ichigo wanted to ask those who were in the same boat as him how they managed both being a soul reaper and dating someone from the world of the living, with one of them telling him, "distance does make the heart grow fonder but you need to remember that too much distance will become an obstacle in due time." at one point ichigo did try to make plans to go on dates and do other teenage things with souta. Still, the timing was always off between hollows appearing and the winter war. Still, he knew he could've made more of an effort to fix their relationship during the seventeen months after aizen's defeat and he didn't have his shinigami abilities.

(this is a 5+1 story, where five times souta contemplates if it's a good idea to end their relationship with ichigo and to move on with their life, and the one time that ichigo remembers that he's in a relationship and tries to prevent it from ending.)

start date; 10/11/20 @ 7:19 pm eastern standard time

end date; i honestly don't know cause this might either end up forgotten or probably deleted real soon

characters belong to tite kubo & koji oji

anime(s); bleach & free!

⬆ ichigo kurosaki 

⬆ souta hoshigaki 

⬆ souta hoshigaki 

"so what do we do now? everything we built, we broke it. it's all shattered and broken, i can't get you outta my head."

souta is portrayed by kisumi shigino from free!