~CHAPTER 1: Let's Call it Mech X4 (part 1)~

"Harris, Spyder, Maliah. You guys are my best friends. What do you think?" Ryan asked, as he explained his summer. Over the last few months, electrical things had been blowing up on him and going crazy. He even got attacked by a toaster. "I don't know, Ryan." Harris said.

"Those all could have been coincidences." I say to my friends. Over the summer there were a few electrical things that had done similar things to me but that was what happened when your dad was Seth Harper, the founder of Harper Futuristics.

"I'm gonna need more proof." Harries says to Ryan.

"Okay, you want proof?" Ryan asks. We came up to a vending machine. "I'll give you proof." Ryan concentrates super intensely at the vending machine, and his eyes flash a light blue, instead of their normal green. Suddenly, the vending machine starts rattling, as all the packets of food come out. Spyder laughs, and starts gathering up the food packets into his arms.

"Reconsidering all the data." Harris says. "Dang, son!"

"You're like a human remote control!" Spyder says as he started gathering packets of food.

"Yo, Spy! Chuck me a packet!" Spyder looks at me before chucking me a packet of honey soy chicken chips. "What do we do with this?"

"What do we do with this?" Ryan repeats. "Anything we want!" He concentrates again, and more packets of food come out of the vending machine. Spyder laughs again before we head off to our lockers.

"Did you swim in that lake by the chemical plant?" I asked.

"No." Ryan replies, shaking his head.

"Struck by lightning?" Harris asks.

"I think he'd remember that." I said to Harris.

"Were you bitten by a spider?" Harris asked.

"Hey, I don't do that anymore!" Spyder backfires.

"Then what?" Harris asked frustrated.

"I'm sorry Harris. There's just no elaborate origin story." Ryan said as we neared the lockers. There was a beep as the P.A system came on.

"Good Morning students. This is Principal Grey welcoming you to another very exciting year at Bay City High! Go fighting Llama's!" She said. We walked around the corner and there were a bunch of varsity kids cheering for Ryan's older brother Mark. "And go Mark Walker. He is awesome. And to our new students. I know starting High school can be stressful but my door is always open. And here's a fair warning. I'm a hugger!" I rolled my eyes as Mark and some of his varsity friends hung out on the corner of some lockers. "And to our older students. Take it easy on the new kids. We can't afford another wedgies based lawsuit. That kid is still walking funny." Ryan, Spyder, Harris and I went up to our lockers and started doing the combo. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Mark and his friends snickering.

"Guys, maybe we should..." I started but the boys had already opened their lockers. Out flew peanut butter, pasta, toilet paper and some news paper. I jumped out of the way so that my outfit wouldn't get ruined. Mark and his varsity friends all started laughing before they yelled out:

"Hurt locker!"

"Man, we really stuck it to the newbies this year! Nice work on the trash clinger!" Mark's friend, Dane said as they high-fived each other.

"I am the king of fling." Mark said as they walked off. Ryan pulled the toilet paper off his face.

"I really hope that's peanut butter in here." Spyder took it from him and licked it before confirming it was indeed peanut butter.