~CHAPTER 6: Let's Survive the Forest!~

"I hate this." Harris said.

"Dude it's camping. We loved camping as kids." Ryan told him.

"No. You loved camping." Harris told them. I had never been allowed to go camping with them because dad thought people were gonna try and kidnap me for lots of money. "You convinced us we might find a treasure map."

"Yeah or a mythical creature." Spyder added. We had arrived at the yellow school bus.

"And did you only find pneumonia?" I asked. Harris gave me one of those annoyed looks. "Guys come on. The outdoors are great. That's why they call them the great outdoors. Plus I am going to get some great photos."

"Yeah. Well that was before we heard about the Bay City Butcher." Spyder told me as we put our bags with the rest of the freshmen's bags. "The bloody-handed stalker of Rodgers Forest."

"Wait, it's a ghost story?" I asked as Spyder came on the other side of me.

"You really believe that the Butcher was a cafeteria worker tortured by freshmen and now he stalks the forest waiting for revenge?" Ryan asked in a slightly spooky voice.

"Gosh, when you put it like that, yes! And I'm more terrified than ever!" Harris exclaimed.

"What? You are smarter than that." Ryan asked.

"I'm smart enough to know he was never ever caught and was in the woods for years." Harris told him.

"Oh come on. Do you hear yourself?" I asked.

"Yes. It's irrational." Harris said to me. "But irrational fear is the only fear I fear Maliah."

"Well I think he's real." Spyder said. "And I'm gonna get a photo of him, post it on the internet and boom I start fame."

"More like you will run to me screaming." I said to him.

"For once, Smellys right." Mark told us as he came up with Dane. "Because the Bay City Butcher is real." I heard Harris whimper. "Haven't you heard the warning? Zip your tent and post a guard..."

"Or end up in the funeral yard..." Dane added.

"Every campout pays the price when the butcher comes to chop and slice." Mark finished.

"And butcher kids up." Dane added to the end.

"Nope. Went a bit long there." Mark told him.

"Well now I'm more scared than ever." Harris said.

"I'd love to join you but it's freshman camp out which means varsity chilling in the robot. Oh, but don't worry, I'm sure Ryan and Maliah's technopath will protect you... oh right, not much good in the woods." Mark told us. As he walked away he tapped Spyder on the arm and said: "Don't worry. You had a good life."

"No I didn't."

"Let's go!" Principal Grey popped her head out of the bus and I jumped and grabbed Spyders hand. "Whoo! Got to make sure we don't leave behind the four best friends. 'The crew'. I guarantee you'll have the time of your lives."

"Come on, it'll be fun." Ryan said.

"Or we don't make it alive." Spyder told Harris as we walked hand in hand to the bus.

"Not helping!" Harris shouted to us.

"There you go." Principal Grey said as Ryan came back to grab Harris. "Have fun. Get in there."

Spyder and I sat next to each other and it's a half hour drive to the camp out so I put in some headphones. Spyder was talking to Ryan and Harris was sitting next to Ryan. I put on my favourite song, Just Like Fire by P!nk, and I must have fallen asleep because Spyder woke me up thirty minutes later saying we were here. We got all our stuff from the bus and it left. We went over to where the other freshmen were. It was kind of cold here and as a cool breeze drifted past I shivered.