Second Encounter

-Wayne Manor-

Dick- Dammit! I still can't find anything on the Bane attack.

Dick storms his way into the living room furious. Everyone else was sitting around the room in their casual clothes. Dick was also now in a casual attire as he plops down on the end of the couch.

Damien- Are you sure you didn't miss anything? You aren't exactly the best detective in this room.

Cass gives Damien a punch in the arm. A sign that now was not the time for his ryde remarks. 

Tim- Maybe there is something we all missed at the scene. We all rushed away pretty fast after the explosion.

Steph- No, me and Cass went back to the scene and couldn't find anything.

Damien- And we all know Bane isn't exactly going to tell us anything.

Dick- There is one thing I thought was familiar.

Everyone in the room turns to Dick. 

Dick- A bomb in their neck? Doesn't that sound familiar?

Damien- Waller?

Tim- Suicide Squad lady?

Steph- You think she would use Bane?

Dick- Maybe. The only problem with this answer is, that I don't think her bombs are that powerful. They usually just take their heads off, not put a crater in the street and put bystanders in a hospital bed.

Tim- And kill two officers.

Dick- Also Waller usually uses villains to go after other villains, so why was Bane asking for Batman?

Damien- Suicide Bombing. Take the Bat down with himself, but when it was us instead, had to settle for less.

Steph- Not Banes style though.

Dick- Which is why I think someone forced him to do it. Stick a bomb in his neck, give him the decision of dying on his own, or taking down his worst enemy with him.

Damien- And when he was caught and had any chance to talk…

Tim- They took him out to shut him up.

Dick- I have a few guesses on who would be able to capture Bane but it's very unlikely that he would take a coward's way of taking down Bruce. He has his pride.

Steph- That means he was scared or they had something on him.

Cass- League? 

Dick- Possibly, but I'm not sure.

Tim- We got nothing still. 

Damien- We wait I suppose. They may try again.

Dick- And we'll be ready. Let's go on the streets.

-Gotham rooftops-

Jason sits on the edge of a building looking out at the city.

*Sigh*

Jason- Quiet night.

Jason gets up and starts jumping from rooftop to rooftop looking for trouble. 

Citizen- Please don't! 

Jason hears a plea and changes course and jumps into a nearby alleyway.

Jason- Don't you know that petty crimes are just a real bad idea nowadays. Too many people like me.

A man in a hoddie holds a knife up to the civilian.

Jason- Put it down punk.

Jason aims a pistol at the hooded figure.

???- Can't.

Jason- Why not?

???- 'Cause they'll kill me.

Jason- What? 

The figure looks towards him and its Hugo Strange.

Jason- What the hell?

Hugo- Please help.

Hugo looks, scared. He never looks scared.

Hugo- Where's the Bat? 

Jason- Why do you need him?

Hugo- It has to be him or else…

*Boom*

Jason- Agh!

Jason is thrown back but unhurt by the blast.

When the dust clears all that's left is a crater in the alley where two men just we're. Gone. Dead. Blood stains everywhere.

Jason takes off his helmet and looks at the blood covering it.

Jason- F**k

-Sometime later-

Jason sits on the rooftop next to the alleyway as police look at what little evidence is left at the scene. Jason had already told them everything he knew.

Cass- You, okay?

Jason turns and sees Orphan, all alone, probably on patrol.

Cass- What happen?

Jason looks down towards the alleyway and stares.

Jason- An innocent man died because I didn't just take the shot. If it wasn't for everything Bruce was always preaching at me. I would've seen Hugo's face, and fired without hesitation.

Cass- But, didn't? 

Jason- When I saw Hugo's face, I saw fear. Not of death or of me but, of some strange force that he had just learned about, and it genuinely frightened him.

Jason looks over at Cass who has now taken her mask off and is sitting next to him.

She's not very good at it but, this is her way of comforting, and Jason could tell she's trying her best. Trying to change for what she was made to be. Trying to be better. Maybe he could learn a thing or two.

Jason- Alright, we should head out, don't want them to look up and see our faces and I'm guessing this has something to do with the Bane event. We should tell the others.

Jason stands up and puts his helmet on and looks at Orphan who is ready to go as well. 

Jason- Thanks Cass.

They then take off into the night.

A/N- Hey, been a while. So I was swamped with work and school so I finally got this done. Yay! Nothing too special in this one and if you're wondering why I keep having scenes between Orphan and Red Hood, it's not because I like the ship(Honestly it's a wierd ship considering that they're siblings, adopted, but still siblings, and yes I'm pretty sure Bruce does adopt Cassandra, correct me if I'm wrong) but I just feel that though two are very similar. Cass came into the family after having killed people and now Jason is wiggling his way back in as well after having killed alotta people. I also think it's important that Cass gets time to try and be a more approachable person as that's always a struggle for her and Jason is a good little test subject since he is going through some stuff and he won't make fun of her when she fails or messes up.

Thank you