The Real Encounter

-Warehouse in outer Gotham-

Jason finds himself, lying on the cold concrete ground, still trying to come off of his high. The venom had worn off but he could still feel the effects of the fear toxin. And being in a warehouse wasn't helping to look past it.

Joker- Hehehehehe, looks like we're right back where we started.

Jason- YOU AREN'T REAL!

He tries to shake away the image of Joker from his mind, but it only makes it worse. 

Bruce- He's not what you fear most.

Jason stands up and turns to see Batman, but somethings different. He's not wearing his newer suit, he's wearing the one from back then, back when Jason was Robin.

Bruce- Why Jason? Why wouldn't you just listen to me? You just had to go ahead didn't you.

Suddenly a body appears in his arms, it's Jason's. 

Bruce- I mourned you, you were my biggest regret and my biggest failure. To this day you still are.

The image before him changes again and it's the current Batman.

Bruce- But now you aren't my greatest regret because I let you go after Joker, and you aren't my greatest failure because I let you die. It's because I failed to keep you from doing harm to others. But, I think I'm getting over it and that scares you.

Batman is suddenly two inches from Jason.

Bruce- You're afraid when I stop regretting and dwelling on the past, I'll push you away for good, like I should have back then.

Jason- NO!

Jason tries to punch Batman but it goes right through him. The fear toxin finally diminishes and Jason looks around at the empty warehouse. Alone, again.

The warehouse was supposed to be abandoned by Jason had been using this as a hideout whenever he came to Gotham. It had his Motorcycle, extra guns, clothes, and any mementos that he had gotten a hold of from back when he was Robin. 

Jason- Shit.

Jason walks over to his clothes and finds the first aid kit underneath them. He sits on an empty cargo container and reads to his wounds. Mostly bruises, and a couple cuts from his shattered helmet, nothing he's never gotten before.

After Jason tends to himself he puts on some clothes and takes out his phone, screen cracked from the fall.

*no messages*

Jason- Figures.

Jason sits on the floor and thinks back to the days events and how they had gone from a few days prior sitting together and being a family, to suddenly fighting each other through windows.

*sigh*

???- Why so glum? The family not as whole as it once was?

Jason springs to his feet and draws his gun and shoots into the shadows.

Silence.

Jason- Come on, I shot you in the arm and your probably wearing armor, am I right?

???- Surprising. Though I suppose it makes sense, you always are good on your feet.

Jason- Show yourself.

???- So be it.

The man steps out of the shadows. He wears a strange black costume with the mask resembling an… owl?

Talon- I am Talon.

Jason- Oh great another costumed weirdo that Bruce will probably just throw into Gotham and will bounce right back.

Talon- Bruce Wayne would not be able to stop me if he tried, even if I had committed a crime. 

Jason- Not yet, anyways. From the sounds of it, you know about Bruce's nightlife.

Talon- Indeed, I know of Mr. Wayne's activities as the Batman. 

Jason- May I ask how?

Talon- Moving on…

Jason- Guess not.

Talon- Jason Todd, you will help me with my problem.

Jason- Yeah, and what's that.

Talon- If even Batman's greatest enemies cannot draw him out, then maybe his son will.

Jason- I...it was you. You're the one they were afraid of.

Talon- Precisely. 

Jason- How'd you rope in Joker?

Talon- We didn't. We pushed him where he needed to be and set the scene for you. We couldn't even get a bomb in his head. Everytime we knocked him unconscious, he woke right back up.

Jason- He's a crazy one.

Talon- Indeed.

Jason- Alright well this has been a nice chat, thanks for the info, glad you showed, now get the f*** out of my warehouse. 

Talon- Not possible, you are required in order to lure the Bat instead of his little children. 

Jason- Good luck with that.

Jason open fires, as Talon jumps behind a cargo crate, Jason hides behind a box of his own for cover and takes out his phone.

Jason- Never thought I'd have to use this.

Talon- Found you!

Talon all of a sudden jumps from the top of a crate and sends throwing stars in Jason's direction.

Jason- Shit.

Jason rolls out of the way, but in doing so has left his cover. As Talon lands he wasted no time and sends more throwing stars towards Jason. Jason drops to the floor to dodge the stars.

Jason, while still on the floor fires at Talon, who simply steps out of the way of the on coming fire. He then lunges at Jason and brings his knee down on his head and then Jason is out cold.

-Wayne Manor-

Dick sits on the batcomputer trying to find anyway to track down Jason.

Dick- Ya know for being Batman and all you'd think he'd have a way to track down all of us.

Alfred- Oh he does.

Dick- Where is it?

Alfred- Not even I know that answer.

Damien- Maybe we need to do this the old fashioned way, what are some places that Jason frequents. We can check those.

Everyone looks around at each other, really setting in how none of them know what Jason likes, once again proving Alfred's point. 

Alfred- I believe there is a warehouse that he uses for his own in between mission rest while he is here in Gotham, but that was all the information he gave me.

Tim- So no location, and I'm not about to go through every single warehouse in Gotham city. You'd be surprised how many different ones there are.

Steph- Well in the meantime, is there any new information from Joker, he say anything about the people who sent him. 

Dick- Gordon said that all he would say is that they don't scare him.

Damien- A weakness, someone who isn't afraid, unsurprising considering the Jokers history.

Dick- But still no info that we can use.

Computer- *beep* *beep*

Dick- What is it Computer? 

Computer- It appears that Jason Todd has sent out a distress beacon.

Dick- Where?

Computer- It is currently on the move.

Dick- Track it. Come on family, let's go get our brother back.

A/N- Hey, not much to say this time except get ready, these next few chapters may be a little bit farther apart from each other as we are getting towards the finish and I want to put out a good finished product.

Thank you