Chapter 18

"Today, we sit here ready to graduate, but we did not get here all by ourselves. We can't forget everything and everyone that got us here today." Arthit smiled at his batch mates who were standing in front of the stage with their hands on their back in their graduation gowns.

"We can raise our head high for we have overcome all the challenges life threw at us the past four years. It has not been easy, but we have reached the end of this hurdle. This is a major step in our journey and now we are stepping out to the real world. Face the real struggles of life. It might be hard but the experiences we gained from this place will help us move forward.

For me, this university has given me a lot of opportunities. I met a lot of great personalities, whether it be our seniors, juniors, teachers, or even the janitors here. Everyone gave us at least one thing to learn from. I would never forget this place, it holds a lot of my precious memories." Arthit bit his lips as he felt his lips shake from the abundance of emotions that is taking over him. Flashing of the beginning of his friendship with four amazing people in his life flashed through his mind. The memories of the person who is dear to his life, who has a smile which can lit up the whole universe flashing before his eyes.

"So dear friends...It's been 4 long years which now feels as if it flashed in a millisecond since we have all get to know each other. I'm positive all of us are happy with where we're in our lives now. I'm sure we have learned a thing or two before stepping out of these doors. I hope everyone has success in their life and they find their own source of happiness. Congratulations on our graduation and..." Arthit stood a deep breath, facing the crowd with a proud smile.

"Lastly, as a symbolic gesture of the graduates, you may now turn your tussles." Arthit turned his tussle to the left with shaky fingers. He then bowed in front of the crowd and moved aside to let the dean take over the podium. He gave a hug to the dean before he moved aside.

"Parents, guests, and staff. The awaited moment has come. It's my honor and privilege to present the graduates of 2016, Batch 57! Congratulations on your graduation!" As soon as the dean announced all the students threw their graduation hats in the air with loud cheers and claps echoing in the hall.

Arthit with excitement and enthusiasm running over his whole system approached his group of friends after the announcement. His eyes searched for that one particular face in the crowd even though he knows he wouldn't see that face. He sighed before he masked his expression when he saw his friends in front of him.

"Holy shit! Finally, we graduated!" Bright's high pitched cry making Arthit chuckle.

"I'm surprised that you've graduated." Tootah rolled his eyes.

"Hey! Come on! Even though I didn't receive the award for the highest GPA student like Knott and Arthit. I passed with good rank!" Bright patted his chest like a proud king.

The four rolled his eyes at their friend's familiar antics.

" P'Prem!"

The group turned their heads to the source of the voice to find their junior running towards them.

Prem smiled widely as he was engulfed in a bone-crushing hug.

"Congratulations P'Prem!" Wad placed a kiss on Prem's cheeks earning coughs from the friends.

Wad bite his lips noticing that he was too excited to get bear Prem that he forgot about the other seniors. He waied at them and congratulated them too.

"Where are the others, nong?" Tootah asked.

"They're busy with the professors P. Even though the ceremony ended there are still some works and our classes just ended a few minutes back," Wad explained making everyone nod their head.