Chapter Four : The Hat

The train journey was long and tiring, especially for a young 9 year old. All Fred and George spoke of was playing pranks on their latest victims, Professor Quirrell being one of them. Ellia took the time to listen out for any Professors names, such as Professor McGonagall , Professor Flitwick and Professor Snape of course. Otherwise, Ellia spent the hours on end asleep or watching as the sweet trolley came past every couple minutes. Each time a new temptation filled Ellia's mouth, no sweets, just the temptation to eat one. Her father had never let her touch one of those mouth watering things in her life, something about an allergic reaction. She never quite understood, it was a muggle thing anyway. It puzzled her often about how her father had such high knowledge of it. Before she could think about the subject more over, the Hogwarts Express suddenly halted. Peeking out of the window, in the distance Ellia could see the beautiful castle that was Hogwarts. It was more than she had ever imagined. Crystal blue waters surrounded the stone castle, with forever growing forests covering the land behind the castle.

"Ellia, you ready? You look a bit puzzled, wanna sweet?" George asked Ellia, handing her a small chocolate in a red wrapper. Unravelling it carefully, Ellia planted the chocolate in her mouth. Bursts of chocolate escaped throughout her mouth, before the sharp sensation of hot chilli peppers exploded in her mouth. Quickly spitting it out of her mouth, Ellia looked at the sweet in disgust.

"Eww what was that?" Ellia asked in disgust, grabbing her trunk.

"The chocolate burner. Our new sweet prank," Fred chuckled, handing Ellia a bottle of water. Yanking off the lid, Ellia downed the bottle of water, soothing her burning throat.

"Please don't make me try that again," Ellia muttered, exiting the compartment. Dragging her trunk along the ground, Ellia hopped out of the train. Suddenly, it crossed her mind that unlike everybody else, she had not dressed in her Hogwarts Robes yet. Before she could rush a cloak on, she felt somebody clutch hold of her shoulder. Shuddering, Ellia spun around to see black eyes starring directly at her.

"Seeing as you have not yet put on your robes child, you may travel to the castle with me, and put your robes on there seeing as you simply cannot do that yourself," Severus Snape snarled.

"I'm sorry father, I got caught up, I'm sorry father," Ellia trembled, following her father as he stepped towards tall, steal gates.

"Just make sure it doesn't happen next time, you're lucky I was there waiting for you," Snape snarled, before picking up Ellia and her trunk. Before Ellia knew it, her and her father had apparated into what she presumed was his office. There where stacks of potion vials scattered around the room, as well as one single Slytherin banner hanging up over a fireplace. Rested on the fireplace, was three photos, two moving and one not. Apart from the photos, there where no other portraits or photos in her fathers office. The surroundings amazed Ellia, she never thought of her fathers office looking like it.

"We're not staying here too long Ellia, we need to get you sorted into a house. However you may leave your trunk here as it may be easier for you," Severus explained to his daughter, dropping her trunk. He carefully put her down too, before gathering some potion vials. Whilst he was doing this, Ellia walked over to the fireplace and inspected the three photos. The one furthest to the door was a photo of a young brown haired women, holding a sleeping baby. The women was beautiful, she had a beaming smile and dazzling blue eyes that twinkled brighter than the stars. She cradled the baby in her delicate arms, making the baby laugh. The next one Ellia had seen before, it was too framed in her fathers office at Spinners End. It was a photo of her and her father just before her mother died. It was the only photo Ellia knew that her father was smiling in. The final photo had four people in, two of whom Ellia recognised as her father and Lucius Malfoy. Puzzled, Ellia looked over the two other women in the photo, one was the women from the first photo. The last women was a black haired women with full grey eyes and a crooked smile. Her clothing was torn into pieces, however she still smiled. For some strange reason, the women reminded Ellia of her father.