Redemption

A Couple Weeks Later

So Azazel's prediction was correct. Sirzechs was tried for my torture and lost his position as Lucifer. Grayfia has taken the role, and while I think justice was served, part of me still isn't sure about everything. Tomorrow is the rating game against Sona. I'm looking forward to it as it's the first one I'll be able to participate in now that I'm a devil. Thanks to Rias I'm completely healed after my bout with Sirzechs, and all of us have started training together. Issei is probably the strongest of all of us right now, but I'm not far behind him. All I want is to win this rating game and return home.

"Are you okay Y/N?" Rias joins me on my balcony. It's later at night but I'm having trouble sleeping.

"Yeah, just thinking." She sits next to me. "I guess part of me is just wondering how tomorrow will go. It's funny, if you asked me a few months ago I would have been rooting for Sona, but now I have to compete against her. They've all worked hard, I'm sure of it. I just want to see how well I compare to them." Rias puts her arms around mine.

"Always the fighter aren't you? Serafall told me that about you when you were fighting my brother. She said that you always had fighting on your mind." I look out into the horizon.

"Call it a habit. I'm just used to it so much that I think about it quite a bit. I always want to see how far I can push myself, and now that I'm a devil my limits are even farther. That said I do intend to break those limits." Rias giggles. "I will say this though, once the Khaos Brigade is taken care of, I may hang the gloves up. I've fought for a long time, and I think it would be nice to slow down. Besides, I don't want to lose my life while there are still a couple millennia we can spend together." I look at Rias and I see her blushing.

"Such a charmer. We should probably go to bed now. I can't say I want to lose to Sona, so I would like to be rested up beforehand."

"I've got something I want to do real quick," I tell Rias. "I won't be long." She lays down and I leave my room. I know where Sirzechs is and I go to where he is being held. It's basically house arrest but he's locked off to one wing of the Gremory mansion. He'll be released at some point, but he isn't in solitary confinement so people can visit him. I reach the room he's in and knock at the door. He tells me to enter and I see him looking like hell.

"I didn't expect that. What brings you to me Y/N?" I get closer to him and find a seat.

"Just something I want to talk to you about. Obviously the last few weeks have been stressful on everyone, including you, but there's something I have to ask you." He looks up at me and I see the bags under his eyes. "I know this isn't traditional, but you were the biggest antagonist to this. When Rias graduates, I'm going to ask her to marry me. We haven't known each other for long I know, but the way I feel about her is genuine." Sirzechs chuckles.

"Why are you saying this to me? It's not my business anymore. I've fucked up, and I have to atone for that. You have no reason to ask me." I shake my head.

"It's bigger than that Luci. Even through everything that's happened, I still can't find it in me to hate you. I'm alive, and even if you were the reason I had to be brought back as a devil, I'm not upset with you anymore. Don't get me wrong, part of me feels your punishment was justified, but at the end of the day you're still my friend. However many traitors you want to call me won't change that fact." He sighs.

"If only I understood why Y/N. Here's what I'll say about it, the feelings about my sister may be wrong, but at the end of the day you make her happy. I was being selfish about it, I'm aware. Do what you wish with her, but don't break her heart is all I ask." I smirk and put my hand out to him and he shakes it.