Daminette - How to Fail Being a Parent 101

This one-shot was requested by azv2448 on Archive of Our Own. The request is above. This does contain cussing and a whole lot of mood.

(3rd Person POV)

Marinette Dupain-Cheng. The girl that went from having everything to nothing. At least, that's what it felt like right now. She still had Jagged and Penny, supporting her. But her parents threw her out of the house after the believed Lila's lies. The shiny new thing over their daughter! Her friends also thought of her as a bully. At the age of 17, Marinette had no friends and no family. But little did she know that everything was soon going to change for her.

(Edna Mode's POV)

Enda Mode was a great designer. But, she wanted, no needed an apprentice to carry her legacy. When Jagged Stone, along with his assistant Penny and Clara, told her of their designer MDC, she was ecstatic. And her designs were beautiful. Yes, MDC had the right amount of talent to be Edna's apprentice. All she had to was find her.

She was walking to the bakery in Paris, where Jagged said his niece would most likely be. She arrived at the bakery and opened the door walking inside. There were two people inside. She asked them, "Hello, darlings. Do you, by any chance, know where Marinette is?"

She watched as both of the people stiffened, and then the female replied, "No, we used to be her parents, but we no longer consider her a daughter!"

Edna was confused by that. As far as Jagged said, Marinette's parents had a good relationship with her. So what changed? She then once more asked, "Do you where I might be able to find her, darlings?"

Marinette's supposed mother grew angry, "Who cares where she is! And if you're trying to find her. You must be one of the bad influences that Lila was talking about, so get out of our bakery!"

Edna huffed and turned on her heel, walking out of the bakery door. Once she was outside, she pulled out her phone and called Jagged. "Jagged, I tried to go to the bakery, but her parents said that they kicked her out. Or at least they implied it by saying that she was no longer their daughter."

"What?! That's so not rock-and-roll! Hmm, well, Marinette did buy a safe house. If I remember correctly, the address is nineteen dauphin bleu. Good luck, and let me know when you find her."

"Sure sure, darling," Edna replied before ending the phone call. She quickly went to the address in hopes of finding her.

(Marinette's POV)

Marinette was not sulking! She swears she isn't! She's just sad that her parents didn't believe her. And hadn't been doing anything for the past two days other than eating and watching shitty rom-coms... Okay, maybe she was sulking. But could you blame her! Her parents believed a liar over her, plus she had shitty coping skills with Hawkmoth still around. Before Hawkmoth, she would have cried for hours on end while eating strawberry icecream. Now, she couldn't do that at risk of an akumatization, and she was Ladybug. Fuck Hawkmoth, fuck Lila, fuck her stupid hormones.

The doorbell then rang. Marinette dragged herself to the door, not stopping to look through the peek hole. She regretted that because once she opened the door, on the other side, she found THE EDNA MODE. Marinette jumped in surprise and started to try and fix her appearance while rambling, "Oh my god, you're Edna Mode. I'm so sorry! I didn't know it was going to be you at the door! Otherwise, I would have made myself more presentable! Oh my god, it's you!!! Most consider you better than Audrey Bourgeois, Style Queen herself. It is such an honor."

Edna cut off Marinette's rambling with a hand to her shoulder, "Please, darling, the pleasure all mine. I'm so happy to meet the famous MDC that Jagged, Clara, and Penny have been telling me so much about." At hearing those words, Marinette looked seconds from passing out.