𝕻𝖗𝖔𝖑𝖔𝖌𝖚𝖊

A/N: This is a Yakusoku no Neverland x Reader fanfiction. I have written other x Reader fanfictions on my Quotev account so you can check that out if you want to. This story isn't on Quotev yet so this is a small sneak peek to what I'm going to be doing in the future.

This will be Various Male! x Female! Reader because that's what I'm most comfortable writing with so I'm sorry for not including the girls. Anyways, I hope you enjoy!

I don't own the plot, the songs, or the characters. All of them belong to their rightful owners.

(y/n) = Your Name

(e/c) = Eye Color

(h/c) = Hair Color

(f/c) = Favorite Color

...

I'm sorry. For all these years, I couldn't do anything.

Everyone, I'm not asking for forgiveness. Even though I knew, I did nothing.

Conny, Hao, Ceddy, James, and everyone else.

Olivia, Michelle, Susan... Diana

For six years, I've only stayed in the shadows, watching.

I was scared. I was afraid to accept this reality.

But I was foolish.

If I had accepted the truth earlier, maybe I could have done something.

Maybe everyone would be alive, even if it's just for a little longer.

Maybe I could have kept their smiles for a little longer.

But now, I won't waver.

Everyone will make it. I'll make sure of that. 

...

"Mama, what song is that?" You asked, your (e/c) eyes looking up curiously at the raven-haired woman. "It doesn't have a name," the woman replied, gently stroking your (h/c) hair as you laid on her lap.

"Really? But it sounds so pretty," you said, smiling brightly at the woman. "Did you compose the song, Mama?"

"No. Someone dear to me composed it a long time ago," Isabella said wistfully. "Did you love them?" You asked, frowning at her longing tone. "Perhaps I did," Isabella answered, smiling warmly.

You sat up from her lap before running a few feet away. "Mama, you don't need to be sad. The one you loved might not be here anymore but you have me, Emma, Norman, Ray, and everyone else!" You said, your arms spread wide out. "All of us love you, Mama."

Isabella chuckled amusedly at your antics. "Thank you, (y/n)," she said, smiling. "I love you too, (y/n). You're all dear to me."

You grinned happily at her. "And to make you not sad anymore, I'll sing for you!" You announced before taking in a deep breath. The first few notes flowed out gently from your mouth, the complete opposite of your behavior just before.

Your voice was soft but so full of emotion. Your eyes were closed as you continued to sing, completely oblivious to the way Isabella looked at you with pain in her eyes.

You opened your eyes, your singing coming to a halt as you saw the tears flow down from the woman's violet eyes. "Mama, please don't cry," you said, tackling the woman into a hug. "My singing was bad, wasn't it? I'm sorry, Mama. I didn't mean to make you cry!"

Isabella broke the hug, smiling warmly at you as she wiped the tears that ran down your cheeks. "Your singing was beautiful, (y/n). There isn't anyone who can match up to your beautiful voice," she praised. "I'm sorry if I worried you. Your singing was so beautiful I cried."

"So my singing wasn't bad?" You asked hopefully, sniffling. "You sang it better than I ever could," Isabella complimented. "Can you sing for me again?"

"Okay!" You nodded before taking a few deep breaths, stopping the hiccups. You opened your mouth before the first few notes gently flowed out.

At the last notes, you brought the flute down from your lips, looking around you at the kids that were sound asleep on the grass. And on your lap slept two four-year-old kids who had taken the spot on your lap much to the other kids' dismay. Smiling softly to yourself, you gently stroked the kids' head, the kids relaxing at your touch.

How long has it been since you were like them? So ignorant and so innocent? Drifting off into the dreamworld where only happy dreams resided? What did that feel like again?

Your grip on your bamboo flute tightened upon remembering the woman's words. At one point, you loved her but you were foolish.

So much has been taken from you already. You weren't going to lose anything else.

To Be Continued...

A/N: Thanks for clicking on this story. I know this isn't going to get much views as a new writer on Wattpad but I hope you like it. Please tell me what you thought. Comments and criticism are welcome.