4 (Tea)

Toms POV

"Hey what happened ?!" I shout at the sobbing girl in the passenger side of my car once again.

"Did someone hurt you?"

She nodded.

"Dakota, who was it? I'll ruin them." I said.

"No, please don't! It was my fault!"

I looked at her a in confusion.

"You didn't deserve to get punched in the face, Dakota."

"Yeah" she looks down in shame,"my friend, Christian, is just really protective of me."

"He sure doesn't look protective."

"He really is I just made him mad because we were supposed to do something tonight but instead I went with you. He's like a brother to me, Tom. He's just got some anger issues." She said sniffling.

"Ok, but if he ever touches you again tell me and I'll personally knock him out." I said.

"Now where do you live?"

" In the Jeffersons street apartments. number E12."

. . .

The car stops and I immediately got out and opened the door for her.
Why does she look so surprised?

"Thanks." She smiles.

"No problem." I reply. suddenly she grabs my hand and interlocks her fingers with mine. I just go along with it thinking she still isn't sober, and we walked to her apartment.

Dakotas POV

We stared at each other for a long time before saying anything. Then Tom broke the silence.
"Well I better get going.."

"Umm, would you like to come in? I could make you some tea."

"uhh it's pretty late-"

"oh, it's fine." I look down in disappointment.

I didn't wanna have sex with him. I just wanted to talk and stuff. Maybe he's just being nice to me because I'm high and sloppy. Jesus Christ! Dakota pull yourself together!

As he turned to leave I shouted "Hey Tom!"

"yeah?"

"Thank you for driving me home tonight."

He smiled big. "No problem, Dakota."

"And I'm really sorry about Christian. He loves me a lot and it's my fault that..ya know."

He walked closer to me and hugged me tightly. I was so warm in his embrace.

"No, baby. It wasn't your fault." he lets go and cups my cheeks locking his eyes with mine.

"How many times do I have to tell you..."

"did you just call me 'baby'?" I ask.

"Oh, Jesus. I'm sorry." he releases my cheeks from his warm hands and turns away in embarrassment.

Try to hold back laughter,Dakota.

"Hahahaha!! It's fine, Tom."

He turns and looks at me again and let's out a nervous laugh.

"Ya know what I will have some tea."

my eyes light up in excitement. I grab his hand and lead him inside.

No ones POV

As they got inside Tom was hit once again with an even thicker scent of marijuana. He tried not to make a face when walking around the living room looking at her pictures on the coffee table.

"Do you like chai? I think I might have some black tea left." Dakota asked as she put a kettle on the stove.

"Uhh chai is fine:"

"I'm gonna get out of these tight clothes, you can put on the tv if you want."

"Ok."
She walks into her bedroom and of course Tom wasn't just gonna sit there. So, he turned on the tv got up and looked around like a snooping parent. He went into what looked like a mans bedroom and then again he was in the living room. he looked in the little box on her coffee table, it had a sack of grass labeled purple haze. He rolled his eyes.

what's with this girl? He thought. Why is she getting fried all the time and why does she attract me. I've never liked the stoner type. But she's not the stoner type. She's different.

*ring ring*
he looks down at his phone. Oh shit I forgot to check in with captain!
he walks out the glass doors onto the terrace and closes it behind him to make the call.

Dakota's POV
I walk out of the room in Black sweatpants and a white cropped tank top with my hair in a messy ponytail. But Tom isn't there. I look around and see him on the terrace talking on the phone. He furrowed his eyebrows while he talked like he was worried. I just resumed and finished making the tea.

When he came back in he looked a bit worried again.
I sat in one of the two kitchen table chairs.
"is everything ok?"

"yeah, he said my brother just wanted to know where I was."

"oh, well I made your tea." he smiled and sat across from me.
"so do you live here alone?"

I finished taking a sip of tea and replied "Mostly, but sometimes Christian comes and stays for a while."

"You let that guy live with you?"

"Well of course he does pay for the apartment ya know." I say the second part quietly hoping he doesn't hear.

"why don't you live with your parents?"

"I'd never move back with them."

"Well why not? It's better than living with someone who hits you."

"Ha! As if they didn't hit me too. They moved back to France anyways. I was not about to move back there an leave my life here, no way."

He nods understanding my predicament. "Can I ask you another question?"

"Yeah, sure."

"How do you afford all this?" he says and points to my various bongs and pipes sitting on the counter on my kitchen.

"Oh I'm sorry! I was cleaning them earlier and must've forgot to put them away." I immediately get up and rush to put them under my sink.

"No use hiding them, I already saw." He laughs. "How do you pay for it all?"

"Well if you must know I work at a lingerie shop part time."

"But that can't pay for all this." he says.

"Christian pays for some of it too."
I say embarrassed.

We're both silent for some time and soon there's a crash of thunder and it starts pouring outside.

"Oh shit. I can't drive in this." he says staring out the window. "Maybe I should call a cab."

I furrowed my eyebrows for a minute building up the courage to say something. Ok Dakota You can do this.

"Uhh Tom?"

"Yeah, what?"

"You could stay here for the night."

Your bitch is backkkkkk!!!
Xoxo Milky.