į¶œĖ”įµ’Ė¢įµ‰ įµƒĖ¢ Ė¢įµ—Ź³įµƒāæįµįµ‰Ź³Ė¢

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

summary: inspired by the song 'close as strangers' by 5 seconds of summer. (linked above)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Six weeks since I've been away
And now you're saying everything has changed
And I'm afraid that I might be losing you"

you and your boyfriend Clay have been in a long distance relationship for about eight months. the first few months were amazing. you were able to fly out and visit each other all the time. but since the pandemic hit it hasn't been safe to travel anywhere. especially out of country.

it's taken a huge toll on your relationship. you haven't seen each other for six weeks which isn't very long but you could feel the impact it's had on your bond. the pressure of not knowing when the next time you'll see each other has put such a toll on your relationship and you didn't know how much longer it would last. you were afraid you were losing each other.

"Are we wasting time
Talking on a broken line?
Telling you I haven't seen your face in ages
I feel like we're as close as strangers
Won't give up
Even though it hurts so much
Every night I'm losing you in a thousand faces
Now it feels we're as close as strangers"

was this relationship going to work? or were you just wasting your time. phone calls and text messages could only help so much. you knew that Clay loved you and you love him. but not being able to see each other for months on end hasn't been the best thing for the two of you. it was almost your one year anniversary and you were going to fly out to America to see him but that was canceled due to the virus.

you both didn't want to lose one another. but the world had other plans. but the two of you wouldn't give up. your relationship meant too much. you'd fight for your relationship till the end.

"On the phone, I can tell that you wanna move on
Through the tears I can hear that I shouldn't have gone
Every day gets harder to stay away from you
So tell me are we wasting time
Talking on a broken line?
Telling you I haven't seen your face in ages
I feel like we're as close as strangers"

the fighting and the arguing was nonstop. arguing about why someone couldn't go visit the other. but you both knew the arguments were pointless as the borders were closed and it was extremely dangerous to travel. but that didn't stop the two of you from fighting.

it felt like you were wasting your time. talking to someone who felt ages away. you hadn't seen each other in four months. normally you'd see each other almost every month. you felt like strangers. strangers in love.

"Six months since I went away
I didn't know everything has changed
But tomorrow I'll be coming back to you"

six months passed by. your relationship barely held together. but finally your country opened its borders and you were on your way to see Clay for the first time in months. tomorrow morning your flight landed. tomorrow you'd see his face and be able to hold him in your arms again.

once you landed you took an uber to his apartment as the airport only allowed a certain number of people there. at his apartment you knocked on the door nervously waiting. hearing the lock click and the door being swung open.

you saw your boyfriends face for the first time in six months in real life instead of on a screen. without wasting any time you launched yourself into his arms. with no hesitation Clay picked you up and wrapped you into a large hug looking down and pressing a passionate kiss to your lips.

after a few minutes you pulled away from the kiss with a huge smile burying your face in your boyfriends neck. hugging him tighter and feeling him squeeze tighter. he leaned down and whispered in your ear "I love you so much." you looked up at him and knew every single moment of the distance was worth it even the all the arguing and softly told the blonde boy "I love you more."

737 words

surprise double update <3

hope everyone's having a great day/night.

I love this song so much.

also a new username ;)

unedited.

written on: 10.12.2020