1. Arrival of General Denlleonis.

A/N = authors note
Are prefaced by this A/N, and are always in bold.

Y/N = your name.

E/C = your eye color.

H/C = your hair color.

If it is in italic, it means that it is a thought, a memory, or occasionally a dream. Use context and common sense to figure out which it is.

"Spoken words."

Important words.

"Projected words."

"YELLED WORDS."

I shall write in anything else you need to know, as it comes along.

Until next time I'll see you on the other side

~J. C. Coltt.~

The sky to the east was just beginning to turn graey as the morning drew near. The cold light that proceeds the dawn luminated a vast city of tents, blanketing one section of an expansive prairie. On the western horizon, the black, jagged silhouette of a mountain range could be seen.

Even though it was very early, the military encampment was beginning to spring to drowsy life. The murmur of male voices accompanied by occasional laughter and the soft nicker of horses could be heard through the fog that mingled in the valley among the tents.

Since it had been nearly seven years since any of the soldiers had seen battle, their discipline had been considerably eroded, not that they had much, to begin with. Thus the soldiers would wake up at varying times in the morning and conduct themselves with very little order whatsoever, especially when some trace was found of ale.

Standing in the heart of the sea of tents, there was a large clearing surrounded by four tents several times larger than the rest, adorned with their own flags and banners that flapped in the wind. The first three were the living quarters of the three generals who led the Luccian army in tandem, while the fourth was dedicated to meeting between the three men to strategize their next movements in the war.

The tent had seen very little use the past seven years, but early that morning its canvas walls glowed with warm light from within. Candles burned on the sturdy wooden tables that had been set up within the tent. They had been lit earlier when the three generals entered, at last, they had something of military importance to discuss.

Standing at the head of the table was a man with rich dark brown hair, tied back with a ribbon. His handsome face was chiseled, and he sported a neat and incredibly well-groomed beard and mustache that only just extended beyond the corners of his mouth. His eyes were the color of moss and stood out strikingly against his sun-kissed skin. He wore a stylish tunic embroidered with his family crest but forewent his heavy, gold embossed breastplate as he was only meeting with his fellow generals, and not giving an official speech to the soldiery. His name was Vanbinicci Arrogari, and he was the unofficial leader among the three generals.

"Meccio," Vanbinicci snapped at the man sitting at the left side of the table. "When does the letter from king Ilidoro say that the general from Estain will arrive?"

The man to whom Vanbinicci had spoken to quickly shot from up from his seat, nervous from being arrested in such an aggressive manner. His name was Meccio Vilu and with his delicate features and cleanshaven face, it was clear that he was younger than the other two generals by several years. His milky skin was dusted with freckles, and his short copper hair contrasted with his violet eyes. He wore a tunic bearing his family crest, like Vanbinicci's but at least two sizes smaller. "Yes, s-sir. The letter from the king only said that g-general Denlleonis w-would arrive in the next several days." He responded, his voice strained from anxiety.