vi

[ s i x ]

"Then talk to me Taylor. I care about you, we all do. Please."

It was October the 31st, as Christina descended the dormitory stairs, only to be met with one James Potter, stood with his arms crossed over his chest, raising one eyebrow in a very disapproving manner

She'd been quite successfully avoiding them for about a week, she knew that there would be questions, and quite honestly, she wasn't sure she wanted to deal with that right now. So avoiding the problem until it goes away. That was the plan. Albeit, a failed plan.

"Christina!" James called to her.
'Well, there goes pretending to not see him' she thought.
"James." she replied, stopping a few feet in front of him, "how may I be of service?"

He slinked an arm over her shoulder, guiding her to sit opposite him in an armchair just beside the roaring flames, emitting sparks every so often.
"We need to talk Taylor." he stated plainly.
"Do we?" she feigned innocence.
"Yes. We do." he replied firmly

Sighing, she leant back in her seat a little, seemingly deep in thought.
"You." he began, jabbing a finger in her direction, "need to start taking better care of yourself."
"Oh lay off Potter." she rolled her eyes. "First Lily, now you too?"
"Well, if you won't listen to your friends, then as much as it pains me to do it, which it does by the way, no quidditch." he looked genuinely upset, but Christy was too enraged to see that.

"WHAT!" she cried, leaping up from her chair. "You can't take away quidditch!"

"I can, and I will. I'm the captain, and my sole focus is to give my team the best opportunity at winning. I can't have one of my players fainting on the pitch because she's starving herself!" he replied, matter-of-factly.

"I'm not starving myself!" she seethed.
"Look." she slumped back down into her seat, "I've had a lot on my mind recently, that's all okay?" she rested her head on the palm of her hand.

"Then talk to me Taylor. I care about you, we all do. Please." his eyes looked pleading, and his voice softened.
Christy could hear the sincerity in his voice, as she fought to hold back tears. No way, was she about to cry her eyes out in front of James bloody Potter.
"Please." he repeated quietly.

That was all it took for the floodgates to open.
He shifted from his seat opposite to beside her, putting an arm around her shoulders.
"What's going on Taylor?" he whispered.
"I- ugh, it's pathetic." she replied between sniffles.
"don't be silly, if it's making you upset, then it can't be pathetic."

"It's... Avery. I know what you're thinking. And yeah, sure, I kicked his ass in class last week. But.... but.... he threatened me." she stumbled over her words slightly.
"He what!?" James shrieked.
"And..." she continued, trailing off.
"and?" James pressed.
"And I... bumped into him.... the other day. Him and his gang." she said, her voice barely audible.
"Christy, what did he do to you?" James sat up straight, looking her dead in the eyes.
"James, it was nothing, really. He just said some stuff, that's all." she looked away, avoiding his gaze.
"Tell me the truth."
"I guess he just.. pushed me around a little... pulled my hair and that. Honestly i'm fine." she tried to wave the subject away, but James was positively furious by this point.