viii

[ e i g h t  ]

"Nope. No way. Nada. Nuh-Uh. Never gonna happen.

"Full moon tonight boys

"Full moon tonight boys.... and girl." James announced, slumping into the common room couch, slinking his arms over the back edge, spreading his legs obnoxiously.

"Want to say it any louder Prongs?" Remus snapped. He was always irritable prior to the full moon, something his friends had learnt to accept.

"Don't fret moonykins, the common room is empty." Sirius said, gesturing to the completely and unusually empty common room. This however, was because the rest of their house was most likely at dinner.

"Let's get going then shall we?" Christina clapped her hands together, making to stand up but wincing in pain. Her ribs and abdomen were still severely bruised, minimal movement hurt terribly.

"Nope. No way. Nada. Nuh-Uh. Never gonna happen. In what universe did you think i'd let you come in the state you're in? You broke your ribs six days ago Christy! You can't be serious-" Remus started, before being cut off by Sirius.
"Nope, she's Christy, I'm Sirius." he smirked.

"Oh shut it Padfoot." Remus snapped, "Boys, let's go, Christy, Ill see you tomorrow alright?" he ordered, making his way towards to portrait hole.

"I appreciate your concern Remmy darling, but it's not necessary." she replied, gritting her teeth as she stood up, so as not to yelp in pain.

"There is no way you can transform into a snake without inflicting further injury, please Christy, just skip this one. For me." he gazed over to her, a pleasing look in his eyes

"Okay." she answered, her voice barely above a whisper as she laid back down on the sofa.

[ ✦ ]

His eyelids fluttered open, and as expected, he was met with crisp, white surroundings, and overpowering antiseptic scents stung his nose.

"Morning sleepy head." Christy smirked, sitting up straight in her chair. Remus yawned, scanning his body for any visible scars, before confirming that there wasn't anything overly drastic.

"M'nin'" he groaned, he had a splitting headache, allowing his eyelids to close yet again, blocking out the light.

"I'll leave you to rest, and here," she hastily tore open the wrapper of a honeydukes chocolate bar, placing it gingerly in his hand, "eat this, it'll help." and with that, she turned in her heel, and began the journey across the castle to Charms class.