xvi

[ s i x t e e n ]

"I'm not in the mood for any of your bullshit so if you'd kindly, fuck off, it would be appreciated."

Dear Christy,

Dear Christy,

How is it at your cousin's? Bit lonely without you here if i'm honest, at least i've got Sirius here to keep me company. Well, that's if you can call being forced into pranking the slytherin's every five minutes 'company'. I've sent your Christmas gift with Arnold (the owl) as well. It's not much but I hope you like it.

Love, Remus xx

"Oooh kisses!" Sirius teased.
"Blimey Pads!" Remus jumped about a foot in the air, "Announce yourself! Anyway, it's rude to read over someone's shoulder, twat." he mumbled the last part, but Sirius heard.
"Ah! I'm wounded!" he clutched his chest dramatically.
"I'm sure you'll pull through." Remus rolled his eyes, "Anyway, where are the girls?"
"Dor mentioned something about sneaking into the prefects bathroom, spa day? Yeah, something like that." he responded.

Remus nodded, folding up his letter to Christina. "Just off to deliver this then." he picked up a small parcel and began making his way towards to portrait hole.

Sirius leapt over the back of the sofa rather gracefully, and followed after him. "Watcha got for her?"

"Never you mind." the other boy replied, a slight smirk playing on his lips.
"Come on moons, tell!" Sirius pleaded
"Alright alright" he caved, "It's a pendant with a silver 'drink me' charm on it. 'Alice in Wonderland' thing"
"Is that why you're so obsessed with that book? Because she likes it!"
"Details, details." He waved his hand dismissively.
But Sirius only smirked knowingly to himself.

"Well." he clapped his hands together, "do have fun delivering that parcel to your girlfriend-"
"not my girlfriend"
"details details" he smirked, "I'm off."
"wait where are you going?" remus called after him, but Sirius only wiggled his fingers in a wave, before vanishing around a corner.
Shaking his head, he muttered to himself, "what on earth"

Sirius wasn't quite sure what supplied the sudden desire to go to the astronomy tower. But for some odd reason, he felt it the place to be. Of course if he'd told Remus of his sudden urge to change course completely he would have told him he was off his nut, hence why, he was now steadily climbing the rungs alone.

It wasn't until he got to the top, that he heard it. 'It' being, the muffled sobs emitting from a crumpled form, knees tucked up to his chest, head buried from view.

It only took a moment for Sirius to identify said boy. Because there, in the astronomy tower, was Regulus Black.

He had two choices. He could go up there, and he could face his fears. Fears of rejection, all he'd ever wanted was his brother to love him. To see past their family views. Or he could turn around, and he could walk away. What sort of a Gryffindor would he be then.